What's new

English Leather

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You mean...horrible?
Lol, I really never cared for any version of English Leather, truly. But vintage Avon Leather is great stuff, just not very long lasting.... which could be a good thing, I suppose...

Avon Leather is hard to top.
Special Reserve when I am going to the track, smoking stogies, drinking gin, etc. But I do like it!

English Leather I tried as a teen, can't recall much about it, was swayed away by gallons of Brut.

Avon Leather is hard to top.
Special Reserve when I am going to the track, smoking stogies, drinking gin, etc. But I do like it!

English Leather I tried as a teen, can't recall much about it, was swayed away by gallons of Brut.
Avon leather is good stuff too. Most leathery scent I ever smelled. I like the aftershave. I’ll often use it or SR with a spray or 2 of vintage EL cologne.

Avon Clint is fairly close to English Leather. You can smell some Oland in Clint, but other than that it reminds me of EL.

Another mild leather scent is vintage Avon Tribute. Really grew on me.

Yeah, Tribute took awhile before I finally warmed up to it. the opening is quite medicinal, almost like camphor. Then it settles down into a crisp scent - the burnt orange is a nice touch.

The smell of English Leather takes me back to my high school days. We used to drown ourselves in it. The ladies loved it.

Yes, with all my pricey edt selections, my wife always mentions that I smell good when wearing English Leather. Funny that such a cheap cologne could smell so good to women.

Yes, with all my pricey edt selections, my wife always mentions that I smell good when wearing English Leather. Funny that such a cheap cologne could smell so good to women.
I think Wine can be the same way. Sometimes quality and expense don't make up the most pleasing final product. My wife likes EL too. Some of these old classics really are worth keeping around.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The current English Leather (by Dana) is my favorite aftershave.

Used it 45+ years ago. It brings back memories every time.

I personally think the new replicates the old very well, maybe better.

Top Bottom