What's new

English Leather

My father as well had an ample supply of this and Old Spice in the bathroom. I can remember as a kid loving the wooden caps on the bottles.

That’s what I recall as well - Dad’s supply and the wooden caps. I spilled a bottle once playing with the caps; it all disappeared for awhile afterwards...

Stirling has their British Leather shave soap on sale for 9$ at the moment. I just bought a 5oz jar. This leads me to believe it's going out of season. Hopefully it isn't discontinued.

The only thing I can remember about Stirling was that I didn't like the smell of it as a kid. I can't recall at all what it smells like though. I think it was the regular British Stirling. I wonder if I would like the Leather.

The only thing I can remember about Stirling was that I didn't like the smell of it as a kid. I can't recall at all what it smells like though. I think it was the regular British Stirling. I wonder if I would like the Leather.

If I may, there's a bit of confusion here.

Stirling is a modern men's shaving products company. They have a product line called British Leather.

British Sterling was a brand of cologne that was released in 1965.

"..British Sterling Cologne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. British Sterling was launched in 1965. Top note is citruses; middle notes are nutmeg, cedar, cinnamon, leather and spicy notes; base notes are amber, musk, sandalwood and oakmoss."

British Sterling British Sterling Cologne cologne - a fragrance for men 1965

Stirling Soap Company does a very nice English Leather tribute called "British Leather". I checked the other day and they still had some.

I wish Stirling had a British Sterling tribute (Stirling Sterling?) Soap and aftershave. I would buy it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately they don't. But they have some very nice products all the same.

Stirling Soap Company does a very nice English Leather tribute called "British Leather". I checked the other day and they still had some.

at some point in my teen years I had an English Leather "soap on a rope" .. almost makes me want to try their version to see if it's close to what I remember the soap smelling like..

at some point in my teen years I had an English Leather "soap on a rope" .. almost makes me want to try their version to see if it's close to what I remember the soap smelling like..
Well, if you want some, I would get on it. It seems like Stirling isn't planning on making any more, at least not for a while. I really like it. It's a scent that pairs well with whatever you put on top of it.

A Walmart I I visited over the weekend was out of English Leather aftershave.

Bought a few bottles of British Sterling aftershave instead.

(Both are Dana products.)

English Leather. Now those were the days! Adults staying up until 3 A.M. playing Risk, smoking whatever, and listening to Elton's "Yellow Brick Road" album.

The 70s were a different time.

Top Bottom