What's new

Ender's Speed Razors

Hi everyone, I just picked up an Ender's Speed Razor, the "Five Star Special", in the original box with five blades, plus one in the razor. I've got a couple questions:

How often do the blades show up for sale?

How often do the blades wear out? My facial hair grows in thick and quickly, I shave just about every day, and I usually get a five o'clock shadow within an hour or two of shaving.

Having spent $8 at an antique store, I figured I had an alright deal. But now I've learned that it takes an unusual style of blade.

The last razor I bought was an antique Schick Injector, which I never could find blades for.

Thanks for your time and help!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I can't speak as to the Enders, but you should be able to get blades for your Injector fairly easily, certainly more so than the Enders. Many independent drug stores carry Injector blades and there are several online venues, Amazon, E bay, Razor Blades and More, etc, etc. The Injectors provide a great shave! Welcome to B&B!

Concerning the Enders, I'm mostly repeating what I've read here, as I don't have one, but blades don't seem to be all that common. Vintage ones do show up on eBay from time to time.

According to Waits Compendium, they stopped making the Speed Razor back in the 1950s. I'd expect any original blades to have lost their edge and need to be sharpened anyway, but maybe by now you've had a different experience. Let us know how it works out if you do shave with it.

Injector blades are easy to find, but mostly on line, here, for example. You could also try a Gem, Ever-Ready, or Star razor which takes this kind of blade. Those blades you often can find locally. More information on the razors themselves can be found in the wiki.

At worst, your Enders should be a nice collectible, and maybe you can shave with it too. Just not the easiest to find blades for.

Oh, by the way, welcome to Badger and Blade.

Thanks for the help, I tried shaving with it this morning. The blades have lost their edge. Neatly turned my face into hamburger. I'll start looking around for injector razors at the local drug stores.

The razor itself is rather nice, but I will have to find a sharpener for the blades.

Thanks again.

I received one of these in a lot a few months ago. I don't have any blades for it, but it almost looked like it was missing a piece. Does anyone have any pictures of one with blades? Thanks in advance! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom