What's new

Elusive SS Tan Tip,Brown Tip,or What?

Happy New Year Everybody :a5:
I woke up to 12 inches of new snow here..

Couple of skeptical remarks, for what otherwise looks like a very interesting find: As Chris pointed out, I also believe that the case is not original with the razor, but belongs to the flare-tip series that came out later. The earlier cases in which the plastic tip SS were marketed in, were overall similar in shape to this one, but small differences exist (eg the grid pattern on the base), and if I am not mistaken only appeared in blue and red. Is it a coincidence then that the brown tip happens to be found in a fitting color (but wrong) case?

From the pictures the light reflections off the TTO knob may indicate a very shiny, like-new knob, perhaps inconsistent with the age and overall condition of the razor? I guess something to look more closely at for the person that has it (blackstangal).

All that said, if the tip color is not painted but is the plastic color (and how would you check that unfortunately without creating a local damage) I would have to say that is probably genuine.

Cheers!

Arik.

The black tip is not painted,they have colored plastic TTO knobs.Most likely not faded.
Plastics can change color with age. One example is the vinyl siding on my house, the color of which has lightened through the years. I work in the office equipment industry and I've seen many plastic panels with a yellow tint caused by continuous exposure to the sun's warmth. That said, who knows what you have?

-Clarke

Uh oh...ANOTHER tan tip? :smile:

Looks cool though regardless. Case is a mismatch. That case does go with the elusive tan tip.

:eek:

Top Bottom