What's new

Elite Razor shaving brush. Serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a photo of a new shaving brush "Elite Razor" that came to me in July 2021.
777.jpg

And this is a photos of this shaving brush after less than 10 uses. If anyone does not understand, then I will tell you - after less than 10 uses, the lacquer (or other) coating peeled off the $ 100 shaving brush. This is not great.
1111.jpg
2222.jpg

I want to say right away that I did not scrape the handle against the bowl, I used it very carefully, but ... you can see the result in these photos. My opinion is that the elite in this shaving brush is only a word "Elite".

Last edited by a moderator:
It's impossible to tell just from the pictures, but is there any chance that is just hard water film or soap scum (that could be wiped off) rather than peeled lacquer?

No, this is definitely not a film from water or soap. Before photographing, the shaving brush was washed with water. Poor coating of the shaving brush is even felt to the touch.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Members are free to make observations about products they buy.
If you have an issue with a members post, please report it.
No one will be attacked or spoken down to for having an opinion on a product they spent their own money on.
You may state that you had a different experience, but you may not attack a member for giving his experience.

I have been out of town for the past week attending my son's graduation from Marine Recruit training at Parris Island and I just saw your emails and posts.

I finish all my wood pieces with a product that was originally designed for sailboat decks and have had excellent results. That being said, if you are unhappy with my work, please return the brush to me and I will provide you with a full refund for the handle and knot. ($150 - $90 for the handle and $60 for the knot)

Bob

I think they are a vendor here in B&B. Never dealt with them but would believe them to be legit and trustworthy.

looking at the brush, the only thing that catches my attention is the pattern of the issue. Looks like from using circular strokes on a bowl or something like that… but I could be wrong

Your going to blast Bob, who is one of the nicest guys in wet shaving. For a $100 brush
I disagree with this point. Are people only allowed to complain when buying what? $200 or $300 brushes? Who decides the threshold?

Last edited by a moderator:
I made an order from Elite Razors recently and unfortunately there was an issue once the item was received. I contacted Bob through email and he responded as soon as he was able to. The issue was neither of our fault but an issue from his supplier. Bob was polite and dealt with the issue to the satisfaction of both parties quickly. During our dealings prior to the order and when I had an issue, Bob was quick to respond and a pleasure to deal with, I would order again from Elite with no concerns.

I have been out of town for the past week attending my son's graduation from Marine Recruit training at Parris Island and I just saw your emails and posts.

I finish all my wood pieces with a product that was originally designed for sailboat decks and have had excellent results. That being said, if you are unhappy with my work, please return the brush to me and I will provide you with a full refund for the handle and knot. ($150 - $90 for the handle and $60 for the knot)

Bob

This is a reply from a true gentleman. Bravo Bob ! And congratulations on your son's wonderful accomplishment.
My terrific Elite Razors "Fire and Ice" brush is one of my all time favorites, and it looks (and performs) just as good
today as it did when I first bought it a few years ago.

685C8062-1F93-453A-AAEA-0FBBF423BA37.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom