What's new

ELIOS

ELIOS

It's the second time I use a Elios blade.
As I read very bad reports about it I was very cautious when I used it. First time I used it with a DE89, a mild razor as you very well know. And the second time with an Aristocrat vintage 46-47, a razor I know very well and much predictable.
Now I was positively surprised.
I cushioned my face both times with a very well made lather.
Both times I used short strokes and took my time - as I always do when trying a blade that I don't know.

My bear growth was 2 days both times. I have kind of a medium-light whiskers, but dense on the neck.

Impressions:

1- Sharpness: not the most sharp blade around. Yet sharper than DERBY. Much better than Merkur or the terrible Rockwell.
2-Smoothness: very smooth. It looked like a VOSKHOD.
3-Efficiency: Got a bbs on third pass both times, with a little retouch on my lip comissure which is always a troublesome area for me.

Overall Classification: 7/10

So I think Elios deserves a try.

I discarded the blade after 2nd shave. But in the future I will see how long it lasts. I always discard a blade at the first signs of tugging.

Greetings

Attachments

• 20220526_182614.jpg
    20220526_182614.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
ELIOS blade is one of my favourite blades. I use them in Merkur 34.
My opinion is as follows:
- extremely smooth and mild;
- in my opinion sharpness is well balanced between comfort and efficiency;
- and most important to me - great stabilty - three absolutely the same shavings;
- fourth shaving is also predictable - after few strokes sudden "STOP" - total loss of sharpness.
I love them for three abslolutely identical shavings

Aren't all Feintechnik GmbH blades identical shavewise ?

Such as Elios, Bolzano, maybe Merkur and others I can't remember just now.

Last edited:
Aren't all Feintechnik GmbH blades identical shavewise ?

Such as Elios, Bolzano, maybe Merkur and others I can't remember just now.
They also produce Lamix according to my knowledge. But I also read that they moved their production effectively to Egypt - which sounds like commissioning to Lord’s.

I have even seen a German website with pictures that Elios is made under the Bolzano legal entity in Germany (but that would be older stock I guess).

I will give these Elios a try based on what you gents report here.

Best,

Guido

They also produce Lamix according to my knowledge. But I also read that they moved their production effectively to Egypt - which sounds like commissioning to Lord’s.

I have even seen a German website with pictures that Elios is made under the Bolzano legal entity in Germany (but that would be older stock I guess).

I will give these Elios a try based on what you gents report here.

Best,

Guido
I have good shaves from Lord Blades, in special the Platinum Ones and also the Stainless. The Chromes are good enough in just a few razors.

I have good shaves from Lord Blades, in special the Platinum Ones and also the Stainless. The Chromes are good enough in just a few razors.
Thanks @edw - I have been meaning to investigate Lord a bit more after my good experiences with the Shark Chrome during this week’s Shark Week. Up to now all my blades have been platinum coated as far as I know.

Cheers,

Guido

Top Bottom