What's new

ELIOS

ELIOS

It's the second time I use a Elios blade.
As I read very bad reports about it I was very cautious when I used it. First time I used it with a DE89, a mild razor as you very well know. And the second time with an Aristocrat vintage 46-47, a razor I know very well and much predictable.
Now I was positively surprised.
I cushioned my face both times with a very well made lather.
Both times I used short strokes and took my time - as I always do when trying a blade that I don't know.

My bear growth was 2 days both times. I have kind of a medium-light whiskers, but dense on the neck.

Impressions:

1- Sharpness: not the most sharp blade around. Yet sharper than DERBY. Much better than Merkur or the terrible Rockwell.
2-Smoothness: very smooth. It looked like a VOSKHOD.
3-Efficiency: Got a bbs on third pass both times, with a little retouch on my lip comissure which is always a troublesome area for me.

Overall Classification: 7/10

So I think Elios deserves a try.

I discarded the blade after 2nd shave. But in the future I will see how long it lasts. I always discard a blade at the first signs of tugging.

Greetings

Attachments

• 20220526_182614.jpg
    20220526_182614.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
ELIOS blade is one of my favourite blades. I use them in Merkur 34.
My opinion is as follows:
- extremely smooth and mild;
- in my opinion sharpness is well balanced between comfort and efficiency;
- and most important to me - great stabilty - three absolutely the same shavings;
- fourth shaving is also predictable - after few strokes sudden "STOP" - total loss of sharpness.
I love them for three abslolutely identical shavings

Aren't all Feintechnik GmbH blades identical shavewise ?

Such as Elios, Bolzano, maybe Merkur and others I can't remember just now.

Last edited:
Aren't all Feintechnik GmbH blades identical shavewise ?

Such as Elios, Bolzano, maybe Merkur and others I can't remember just now.
They also produce Lamix according to my knowledge. But I also read that they moved their production effectively to Egypt - which sounds like commissioning to Lord’s.

I have even seen a German website with pictures that Elios is made under the Bolzano legal entity in Germany (but that would be older stock I guess).

I will give these Elios a try based on what you gents report here.

Best,

Guido

They also produce Lamix according to my knowledge. But I also read that they moved their production effectively to Egypt - which sounds like commissioning to Lord’s.

I have even seen a German website with pictures that Elios is made under the Bolzano legal entity in Germany (but that would be older stock I guess).

I will give these Elios a try based on what you gents report here.

Best,

Guido
I have good shaves from Lord Blades, in special the Platinum Ones and also the Stainless. The Chromes are good enough in just a few razors.

I have good shaves from Lord Blades, in special the Platinum Ones and also the Stainless. The Chromes are good enough in just a few razors.
Thanks @edw - I have been meaning to investigate Lord a bit more after my good experiences with the Shark Chrome during this week’s Shark Week. Up to now all my blades have been platinum coated as far as I know.

Cheers,

Guido

ELIOS

It's the second time I use a Elios blade.
As I read very bad reports about it I was very cautious when I used it. First time I used it with a DE89, a mild razor as you very well know. And the second time with an Aristocrat vintage 46-47, a razor I know very well and much predictable.
Now I was positively surprised.
I cushioned my face both times with a very well made lather.
Both times I used short strokes and took my time - as I always do when trying a blade that I don't know.

My bear growth was 2 days both times. I have kind of a medium-light whiskers, but dense on the neck.

Impressions:

1- Sharpness: not the most sharp blade around. Yet sharper than DERBY. Much better than Merkur or the terrible Rockwell.
2-Smoothness: very smooth. It looked like a VOSKHOD.
3-Efficiency: Got a bbs on third pass both times, with a little retouch on my lip comissure which is always a troublesome area for me.

Overall Classification: 7/10

So I think Elios deserves a try.

I discarded the blade after 2nd shave. But in the future I will see how long it lasts. I always discard a blade at the first signs of tugging.

Greetings
Hello,

I recently got some Elios platinum Swedish Steel blades all I can say is brilliant blade (I have tried a variety and Elios is the best so far, I find Kai aggressive and cut me Gillette Blue last maybe a week, Bolzano aren't bad and Voskhod are the worst I've tried- I have a medium tough beard and use Proraso shaving cream). I always rub dry my blades after use by carefully "stropping" them on a dry towel obviously with the cutting edge away from me and pulling the blade wiping towards myself around 5 times on each side of the blade front and back so each cutting edge gets dried through the strop then dry the razor off as well and put the blade back in keeping the razor out of a damp atmosphere until use the next day. A single Elios blade after daily shaving in the morning was giving an excellent shave nearly as good as when new at the two week point at that stage I discarded the blade and replaced it. At that rate a box of 220 will last 8 years shaving daily £2.50 a year certainly beats shaving with cartridge razors blades (can strop those as well and they will last longer but are so much more expensive)

Top Bottom