What's new

Edwin Jagger DE89 still the best!

As has been said by others, this is a RAD killer.
Probably stated countless times in this very thread given its age and length but it cannot be stated enough that DE's are YMMV like anything else. Whether or not any given DE is a RAD killer is going to depend on one's beard, technique, etc. No DE is going to be the best option for everyone out there and I'm saying this as someone who prefers the DE89 and uses it every day. It's certainly worth trying if you haven't tried it but don't buy into "It will cure all RAD" hype.

I'm new to DE shaving. I have an EJ DE89L. I love it! Have Derby Extras right now. Looking to explore other blades. Love my DE razor. Definitely a good choice on my part.

Gotta love the new wood-handle DE89.:wink2:
$IMG_0050[1].jpg

I just got my first razor last week and it was the Muhle R89 - love it. I'm already thinking about maybe cleaning it up and putting it away, just to have an extra one, and then ordering the rose gold handled one. Other than that, I don't have much interest in buying any other razors. Brushes on the other hand... :blush:

$rz-muh-r89-r.jpg

Again, if Mühle or EJ decided to introduce the "89" head in stainless steel, for a reasonable price (below 75 euro?) I would be among their first buyers.

Again, if Mühle or EJ decided to introduce the "89" head in stainless steel, for a reasonable price (below 75 euro?) I would be among their first buyers.

stainless as opposed to chrome plated? just because i'm curious, why? i originally found out about the muhle when i saw it in pics and noticed how great it looked (to me, at least), and then from there i was excited to find out it was a good all around razor, especially for my first purchase.

I started wetshaving the same time with my friend, he got himself an EJ89L, while I stopped at Merkur 23c, long handle classic. So, we sort of exchange our thoughts every now and then, like, "man I just shaved with Shark and its a crap", "I tried Astra SP and I don't need the rest of my 40 sample blades" and so on, and he always seemed totally satisfied and pleasured. I've been thinking about his EJ for a long time, I read the reviews and this forum, and all I can think about is "I. NEED. EDWIN.JAGGER.DE89.NOW". By the way, I have some good shaves with my merkur classic, but...
I fought bravely with the consuming monster inside me, but I lost. 2 hours ago I ordered this masterpiece, should be at my place in a week. Hail to the EJ89, you got my soul... :)

I bought a EJ Kelvin awhile ago from amazon. It made me fall in love with short handled razors.

When I started DE shaving I went straight for a Merkur 38C. I am 6'5" so I thought I needed a big razor, it seems I was wrong. I believe that this is an amazing razor to learn on, or a razor that allows you to be a little more free with the shaving process. It works great on my head and is an all round good performer but for me? If I want a short razor (the Kelvin is shorter than the standard DE89) I reach for my fat handled tech.

This razor was designed for sharp blades, or at least in my experience. It was very uncomfortable with the derby blades it came with.

I also love my EJ DE89lbl with personna lab blues. But I have only use 3 others types, 1930 Windsor, 1965 Travel Tech, new models made by me. But that could all change tomorrow with mt first shave with a 1955 Toggle!

Top Bottom