What's new

ebay madness.

When you are browsing through ebay, looking for the best deal on a certain product, and you find several options at a similar price, lets say £5.99 or $7.99 for our American friends, then all of a sudden lurking near the bottom of the page you see an identical product for £99.99 or $129.99....Why? ...Has the seller put the wrong price in by mistake or are they hoping lazy buyers will just click on the first one they see and show incredible lack of concern over their hard earned cash? This is for 1 item , like a single bar of soap that is not an expensive item, not a 10 pack or any other multiple, and is clearly available on ebay for a fraction of the cost.....Somebody tell me please...it makes no sense.

Some people don't do any research when they look to purchase goods, so some sellers try to capitalize on it.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

It actually effects the “average” listing price, when the “High” and the “Low” prices are factored in.
I doubt the may of “high” or out-of-line sales are even legitimate.

I see the same thing sometimes on Amazon. There's an ordinary book, with lots of copies at five bucks. Then there is one for six thousand dollars. Huh? Nobody could possibly be stupid enough to fall for a scam like this. Right?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I think some sellers do this if they are out of stock of the item. They will raise the price up to something no sane individual will buy so they don’t have to completely make a new listing every time they restock.

Some people don't do any research when they look to purchase goods, so some sellers try to capitalize on it.

ebay.jpg

I see the same thing sometimes on Amazon. There's an ordinary book, with lots of copies at five bucks. Then there is one for six thousand dollars. Huh? Nobody could possibly be stupid enough to fall for a scam like this. Right?
:hand: Wrong!

Hello,

They just hope that someone is stupid enough to buy. Go on Discogs and compare record prices. Same game.

Take care
YouYou

Top Bottom