What's new

The body shop Maca root & aloe

It's one I started with when I returned to the true way of shaving. Got great lathers/shaves and enjoyed the scent. Haven't used it in awhile and probably won't since I have so much stuff right now. Well, maybe, anything is possible

Time to correct some things here:

1. The new Maca Root has nothing to do with the old one, which was a different product if you ask me.

2. The snow effect of the lather means a lot of water and very little product. The boar you are using also holds water.
Try squeeze out all the water from it and dip the darn thing inside the cream. Swirl lightly and begin face lather. Add water drop by drop as you working it on the face. Do not bowl lather, this thing is water sensitive. No one said it is Omnibus.

I won't post here the lather I get from my 5 year old Maca Root old tub (with a synthetic though) because no one will believe me 😭

While it's not a lather beast and can't be compared with top US artisans, it is a commercial product, this cream holds water well, it is probably the slickest in my den when it comes to creams, ok a bit less than AdP (which btw is not a cream but a soft soap)

Great for me 2.
Iv actually used it for years although over the last 3 years i only use it once every couple of months due to rotation,
But for me it’s first class & relatively cheap,
Also i can lather it in under 30 seconds
easy peasey

Does anyone know why some states have banned it? I like it and tried to order from Amazon and from them directly, but neither will ship to NY. The Body Shop said it was a "regulatory issue" but would not provide details. It's not that I can't buy it, but that I wanted to make sure there isn't something wrong with it. Does anyone know what the "regulatory" issue is?

Eben Stone

Staff member
What is the consistency of the lather like in the bowl?

I find this cream works best when the lather consistency is more like wet paint than meringue.

Top Bottom