What's new

Royal Crown Pomade review

Royal-Crown-Pomade14.jpg

Today I’m reviewing Royal Crown pomade. This is vintage pomade that has been around for a long time. It’s still produced by the Strickland company out of Memphis, Tennessee. Royal Crown pomade is a little thicker with a different scent than Royal Crown Hair Dressing. Both products are VERY inexpensive. I purchased my Royal Crown pomade for $5.50 on EBAY last year.

Right now, Royal Crown pomade sells for $6.89 for a 5 oz tin on Amazon. It’s a good price. For the Royal Crown Hair Dressing, it goes for $5.64 for a 5oz tin on Amazon. Both of these products last forever. I’ve never finished my original tin of Royal Crown that I purchased last year on EBAY. It’s an excellent pomade. The hold is a medium. You would think that as light as it is, it would be a light hold, but it’s actually a good medium. Royal Crown isn’t in the Murray’s Superior pomade or Dax Wave and Groom pomade class. Those are strong mediums/light heavies in terms of hold.

Going out in the sun with Royal Crown pomade in my hair, it creates absolutely blinding shine to my blond hair. I get people staring at me like crazy. Royal Crown brings out the color in one’s hair. I think it would work well with any hair color.

What I really like about Royal Crown pomade and the Hair dressing is the way it makes me look like I came off a movie set from the 1920s. This stuff gives me a classic 1920s look to my hair. It’s amazing stuff. I love this pomade! I don’t use it a lot because I have a personal collection of close to 100 different pomades, and I tend to flip between them just for the sake of change.

I was able to perfectly style my hair with 2 scoops of Royal Crown pomade, and my hair stayed in place the entire day. Granted, I wasn’t outside in the wind all day to test it out, but my hair didn’t budge or wilt from me working all day and night. I never had to re-comb my hair during the day. The Royal Crown held my hair perfectly. The stuff seems really light, but it definitely has excellent hold for being a light medium pomade.

Scent: Flowery scent

Price: $6.89 for 5oz tin

Hold: Medium

Washibility: Royal Crown pomade and Hair Dressing washes out easily in 1 shampoo.

---

Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash were both said to be users of Royal Crown Hair dressing. I have both pomades, Royal Crown Pomade and Royal Crown Hair Dressing, and I see them as similar. The dressing is lighter with a different scent, but both of them produce an AMAZING shine to one’s hair. Royal Crown Hair dressing is a little cheaper than the RC pomade.

elvis5.jpg

As I mentioned already, for this review, I added 2 large scoops of Royal Crown to my wet hair. My hair is now shining like mad. My blond hair looks great today.

Royal Crown pomade and the Hair Dressing are excellent toppers to apply over a heavy or medium weight pomade like Murray’s or one of the strong wax pomades that lack shine.

When I use pomades like Royal Crown, I have women throwing themselves at me all day. Wherever I go, I have them approaching me, bumping into me or whatever. Any excuse they can come up with to meet me, they try it. That’s one of the reasons I don’t use Royal Crown pomade and other lighter pomades too often. It takes my normal Hollywood movie star looks to another level. I prefer to be invisible when I’m in public. On a genetic level, I think become too good for these women to resist. I try to analyze what makes women go mad for me, but it guess it’s some kind of genetic thing that overrides their brain to make approach me when I have Royal Crown or any light pomade in my hair. I don’t know. That’s why I use Royal Crown and other pomades like this sparingly; mostly when I’m going out with my girlfriend to a play or to a dinner party.

Thanks, Rhody! Royal Crown pomade and Hair Dressing are both amazing pomades. This stuff is timeless.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Oh yeah, Royal Crown Pomade is the business! Works great in my short, medium thickness middle-aged white guy hair. This one and Murray’s Superlight are becoming my two favorites.

Top Bottom