What's new

Easy versus difficult jnats

Gents,

After years of honing with everything else, I am thinking of getting my first jnat.

Seeking ideas about an easy to use jnat.

I hear some of them are difficult and I want to avoid that. I've already been through the troubles of wrestling with difficult coticules and I don't want to go there again.

I want to do mid range on synths and finish on a hard jnat. Likely following Alfredo's method of using a worn diamond plate rather than a nagura. Alfredo uses his worn 1200 diamond plate to lap his jnat and then uses the slurry built up from that process. No naguras. I have shaved with razors he has honed using that system and I like it.

I do have an email into Alex, but ideas from this forum would be apprediated.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
You should not have any issues finding one that fits that method, just tell the seller what you want.

"Difficult" jnats are something I run into because I buy a lot of eBay stones and am not often willing to drop hundreds of dollars getting a hand-picked razor stone from a trustworthy vendor. I expect if you go to one of the trusted guys and tell them you want a razor finisher, there's less chance you'll run into some of the "difficult" stones like those you often get from 330mate and others.

I would honestly check out Keith’s (Gamma on the forums) Etsy shop, he’s got a lot of good stuff on there, and has a little starter jnat set that comes with everything you’d need, and you’d know you got a great stone for razors.

I’ve purchased a couple of stones from him and have been delighted so far.

Top Bottom