What's new

Ear Worms

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Hatsune Miku is adorable ... And if you've heard that 3G phone commercial, they use Levan Polka.

(whistling tune)

AA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK74kZoyEXw

proxy.php

Thanks, but I remembered my bad ear worm killer!
Replace it with a good one!
Ah! Sweet relief!!

Last edited by a moderator:
must admit that Roger Ramjet is the only one I'd heard before.
The theme from Roger Ramjet used to drive me nuts in the 1980s when I was a kid, so much so I used to switch channels !!
Chorlton And The Wheelies and Bod were the sort of thing kids had to watch in England in the 1970s
The Goodies was one of my favourites, it was written by 3 friends from Cambridge University,
Graeme Garden who qualified as a Doctor, but never practiced medicine- he preferred to choose a career in comedy (believe it or not).
Bill Oddie read English Literature at University, now more famous as a keen birdwatcher and presenter of Wildlife programmes.
Tim Brooke Taylor who read Economics and Politics, and then Law, he appeared mainly doing bit parts in TV dramas and sitcoms, and is a regular panellist on radio shows.

Their brand of comedy as The Goodies was surreal and each episode combined sketches with a sitcom format and more than a passing resemblance to Monty Python humour
The show ran for 69 episodes from 1970-1980
One of the Goodies most famous songs was The Funky Gibbon (Another Ear Worm)
https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=...6fUbmCDA2YoYOWb0JKZsOQ&bvm=bv.120853415,d.d24

The funniest episodes I can remember were :
Goodies And The Beanstalk - The Goodies are down on their luck and sleeping on park benches, Bill tries to sell the 3 seat tandem, but only gets a can of beans for it, Tim empties the beans over Bill's head, Bill plants a bean and it grows into a giant beanstalk......

Kung Fu Kapers (Aka Ecky-Thump) - Tim and Graeme are learning Kung Fu, Bill reveals himself to be a Master of the secret Lancastrian martial art known as "Ecky-Thump" - which involves wearing flat caps and braces and knocking people out with a black pudding!!
Bill opens an Ecky-Thump class and goes on to star in some badly dubbed and badly choreographed Martial Arts flicks such as "Ecky-Thump Meets Mary Poppins" and "Enter With Drag-on".........

Kitten Kong - The Goodies open an animal clinic, Graeme develops a growth mixture and feeds it to a kitten, which grows to giant proportions, and then Bill lets it go outside onto the streets of London, one of the funniest scenes ever was the kitten halfway up The Post Office Tower
proxy.php

I can't resist another Ear Worm - I just saw it on TV
https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=...F4Ee2Og4jk0ZgZaMHd2ItA&bvm=bv.120853415,d.d24

I've had this one stuck in my head for about the last 2 weeks. No instruments, just an extremely talented group of vocalists.

Last edited by a moderator:
The theme from Roger Ramjet used to drive me nuts in the 1980s when I was a kid, so much so I used to switch channels !!
Chorlton And The Wheelies and Bod were the sort of thing kids had to watch in England in the 1970s
The Goodies was one of my favourites, it was written by 3 friends from Cambridge University,
Graeme Garden who qualified as a Doctor, but never practiced medicine- he preferred to choose a career in comedy (believe it or not).
Bill Oddie read English Literature at University, now more famous as a keen birdwatcher and presenter of Wildlife programmes.
Tim Brooke Taylor who read Economics and Politics, and then Law, he appeared mainly doing bit parts in TV dramas and sitcoms, and is a regular panellist on radio shows.

Their brand of comedy as The Goodies was surreal and each episode combined sketches with a sitcom format and more than a passing resemblance to Monty Python humour
The show ran for 69 episodes from 1970-1980
One of the Goodies most famous songs was The Funky Gibbon (Another Ear Worm)
https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=...6fUbmCDA2YoYOWb0JKZsOQ&bvm=bv.120853415,d.d24

The funniest episodes I can remember were :
Goodies And The Beanstalk - The Goodies are down on their luck and sleeping on park benches, Bill tries to sell the 3 seat tandem, but only gets a can of beans for it, Tim empties the beans over Bill's head, Bill plants a bean and it grows into a giant beanstalk......

Kung Fu Kapers (Aka Ecky-Thump) - Tim and Graeme are learning Kung Fu, Bill reveals himself to be a Master of the secret Lancastrian martial art known as "Ecky-Thump" - which involves wearing flat caps and braces and knocking people out with a black pudding!!
Bill opens an Ecky-Thump class and goes on to star in some badly dubbed and badly choreographed Martial Arts flicks such as "Ecky-Thump Meets Mary Poppins" and "Enter With Drag-on".........

Kitten Kong - The Goodies open an animal clinic, Graeme develops a growth mixture and feeds it to a kitten, which grows to giant proportions, and then Bill lets it go outside onto the streets of London, one of the funniest scenes ever was the kitten halfway up The Post Office Tower
proxy.php

I can't resist another Ear Worm - I just saw it on TV
https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=...F4Ee2Og4jk0ZgZaMHd2ItA&bvm=bv.120853415,d.d24
the goodies are intriguing! Grew up in the States and Roger Ramjet was a staple of the late 60's here.

Top Bottom