What's new

E-Cigarettes

I was just checking to see if anyone has used these. A coworker in my old office swore they were good.

I have smoked regular cigarettes for almost 10 years now. Terrible habit and Im tired of ash in my car and the smell on my clothes.

Im thinking this would be the answer to eventually quit since you can control how much nicotine you're inhaling. There is no smell, no tar, chemicals.

The smoke you exhale is water vapor.

I ordered the V-Kit deluxe from Volcano E-cigs since it had pretty good reviews. I have to admit it would be pretty nice to be able to get a nic fix and beer while in a bar.

So does anyone have any experience with this type of smoking device? Care to tell?

I used the Joye 510 with various nic juices and battery mods for a few months. It helped me quit smoking, but just wasn't for me. They do however work very well for a lot of people, so don't give up because of my opinion.

Right now I am smoke free with Swedish Snus, and nasal snuff.

I have a Red Dragon. I've used it for about a month now. It works well, but the drops I got to refill the cartridges kinda sucks. I got them from a local shop and they seem to clog the cartridges. It makes them hard to draw from, but I still get a good amount of vapor. I do like the whole e-cig experience though. It is definitely better than smoking cigarettes.

I had a demo of an e-Cig in a mall about a month ago ... I was very impressed, but balked at the price they were asking.

While its hard to tell from a 10 minute demo, I think this would be a good way to supplement my cigarette smoking, but not replace it entirely. While the vapor feels and tastes very similar to regular smoke, its not quite the same thing. I think I'd still want a regular cigarette after a meal, or first thing on waking up in the morning.

If anything, I'd use it for smoking while I'm sitting at the computer at home. My roommate/landlord forbids smoking in the house, and I don't want to go outside when the weather is too hot or too cold or too wet.

As for smoking at a bar or while I'm working ... I just do without. I can go about 6 hours before I start wanting a cigarette, and even then, its not like I'm really jonesing.

I don't think the e-Cig would be right in places that ban smoking. You'd have to spend half your time explaining yourself, and that would interrupt the relaxing effect that you're looking for.

If you're serious about trying to quit, I've had good success with ZeroSmoke. Its like acupuncture, with magnets instead of pins. Don't ask me how they work, but they do. Although I didn't quit completely, it did reduce my urgings by a significant amount.

Whatever helps you quit will be well worth it. I did the nicotine patch thing and it helped me quit. January was a year of being a non smoker. Good Luck with this people. It will be the best thing you have done in your life for your life

Whatever helps you quit will be well worth it. I did the nicotine patch thing and it helped me quit. January was a year of being a non smoker. Good Luck with this people. It will be the best thing you have done in your life for your life

Congrats on the year. :thumbup:

Does anyone know about US regulations against the E-Cigs? I had heard in passing recently that the US Government was taking steps to make them harder to import and buy.

I replaced cigs with a safer form of tobacco, snus. Actually if you read the studies it is an ultra low risk. The States are so anti tobacco many don't realize the harm reduction tobacco such as snus or nasal snuff.

I got the volcano ecig over the weekend. It's awesome!!

I have completely replaced cigarettes. There's no smell and I get the feeling of actually smoking. I have tried snus, and I always wanted a cigarette for the ritual that Ive done every day for 10 years, smoking.

It's weird not having to stop in the morning on my way to work to get my pack for the day. I got a flavor called "Marl Menthol Light" (which is my brand) and it tastes spot on.

All in all, I think this will be great. I dont have to be the guy leaving out the side door at work to go smoke, I can just close my office door a few mins and smoke. No one knows otherwise. My car doesnt reek like smoke and no ashes blowing around, no cigarette butts in the ash tray.

I think these are the future. BTW if you're looking to try it, refill your own carts and you will save a boat load of money. Also, buy a couple extra atomizers (just in case) so you arent stranded and end up going to buy cigarettes. After 3 days, I can feel my sense of smell and taste coming back!

I am looking to step down on the nicotine level in the "juice" after a couple months to eventually ween myself off. I think this is going to work.

I used a Czech e-cig called Nick at the beginning of the year. I used the nicotine-free filters, didn't miss the drug one bit. It was kinda fun to "smoke" in the office and at home, and it was a great ice-breaker in bars. However, the batteries run out pretty fast, and that got to be a bit of a hassle.

Anyway, they were pretty helpful in my quest to quit, but.... well, I lasted about four months before a super-stressful work situation got me back on the real things. A sorry excuse, I know, but there you go... anyway, I'm now on Day 2 without a smoke, and probably won't use the e-cigs as a crutch this time.

. However, the batteries run out pretty fast, and that got to be a bit of a hassle.

What is nice about the volcano is that it comes with a personal charger that can charge your batteries about 3-4 times. Its the same size as a pack of smokes and looks like it also. It takes about 30-45min to fully charge a battery and it holds 5 extra carts as well.

Good luck on quitting!

On day two of no cigarettes and only using the ecig.

I got my first juices in the mail yesterday, I got Marlboro Menthol Light (almost spot on), Dr Pepper (Smells like it, doesnt transfer to vapor), Blueberry (awesome), and A&W Root Beer (very nice root beer flavor).

I havent wanted the real thing except the one real cigarette I have before bed. I think this is really going to work out stepping down the nicotine level in the juices to eventually be independent of nicotine and cigarettes. 6 cartriges are held in the case, thats enough to last me the day, costs maybe 50 cents a day to refill them and takes only a matter of minutes.

Im thinking of giving this one to my gf and getting the larger volcano ecig, the magma. It looks awesome and they make a great product.

I have been smoking for nearly 6yrs now and I bought a similar set.....

All I can say is that its not the same. It delivers a nic fix but its not even close to smoking a real cigarette. It now sits on my shelf.....for later use

My 2 cents

I have been smoking for nearly 6yrs now and I bought a similar set.....

All I can say is that its not the same. It delivers a nic fix but its not even close to smoking a real cigarette. It now sits on my shelf.....for later use

My 2 cents

It depends on which unit you are using I have found. The stock volcano atomizers really suck. But, I bought some cartomizers for the joye 510 (cartridge + atomizer, it one refillable, disposable unit) and its a totally different experience. I can use my volcano batteries and charging pack. The cartos only cost me $8 for 5 and they can be refilled over and over until I wish to replace them. I have found some decent juice, my favorite so far is the mountain dew from http://www.strictlyejuice.com and they have a really nice Marlboro Menthol Light flavor I use as well which was my old brand. I am using the 25mg nic fluid now, but will step down to a lower mg until I reach zero nicotine.

It isnt the same experience as smoking, but it definitely helps. It's nice being able to quit and go through the motions of smoking a cigarette. MUCH better than cold turkey.

Just an FYI on the mileage. I smoked a pack a day. If I refill the 5 cartos I got, it lasts me all day.

I am running a joye 510 and when I had the camel liquid it helped me cut me buying regular cigarettes. I still use the e-cig, however, I am still buying a pack of smokes every day to every other day depending on the ecig usage!

Cheers,
Charlie

Don't even look at the mall kiosks. get a e-cig from Vapor4Life, and use their cartomizers. or, if you want to refill, the juice from Tastyvapor.us is the best out there. I've been vaping for 6 months now. PM me with any questions anyone might have. I've tried the 801's and the Blu cigs (same as Volcano) so I can provide direct comparisons to those.

go to E-cigarette-forum.com for more info. Very laid back, and I learned alot there.

I use an Intellicig which as I understand it is a 402 ecig works well im still smoking real cigs but at least half as much as i was plus it makes long haul flights a breeze now

Top Bottom