What's new

Dunkin Coffee

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The kicker was he only had to make coffee every two or three days. I'd come rolling in and since I knew the system I'd take a seat and ask Fred, "How's the coffee?" He'd answer, "Tuesday."

"All right, gimme a cup."
1623781845626.png

I gladly brewed it Tuesday, that cup of coffee you have today!

Dunkin is terrible coffee but it's not as bad as Starbucks. The only good thing about dunkin was the Styrofoam cup and since they did away with it I have no reason to ever buy their coffee anymore. Drinking coffee out of Styrofoam is just comforting to me. McDonald's coffee blows it away and it's just a buck plus tax.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Dunkin is okay. I like their dark roast better than their regular coffee. Generally speaking, I prefer independently owned coffee shops, particularly if they roast their own. But if travelling or driving late at night, I'm not averse to Dunkin or other chains. As chain/fast food coffee goes, I rate it: Peets>Panera>Starbucks>Dunkin>McDonalds>everything else>Burger King

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
A few years ago I started seeing super-strong coffee offerings in the pumper pots at gas stations, primarily in the US. (I would have to buy gas somewhere other than Costco where I live in order to have a convenience store attached to the gas bar.)

I recall when I tried it I thought I spotted what they did there. It tastes like when you're making a full drip pot and just stick the cup under the basket right at first. So just made extra strong, basically. An acquired taste for some, but I like it.

If I'm on a long drive I'll grab some of that in my insulated mug and it generally gets me where I'm going.

O.H.

I absolutely LOVE, and drink DD coffee every AM. Brewed at home from a 40 ounce? bag bought at Sam's on sale. (I'm so cheap, but coffee is my one indulgence that I like to have to my liking.)

I HATE just about any coffee from a restaurant except McDonald's. That stuff is most definitely the best drive thru coffee I've ever had.

I gotta agree on the McD's coffee - it is surprisingly good.

I used to love Dunkin and it was good coffee. A friend of mine in the coffee business told me years ago that Dunkin changed to Vietnamese coffee which is not the Arabica bean. Vietnnam is one of the largest exporters of coffee today as they are cheaper than the quality beans in South America. Today when I am on the road I seek out either Love's or Pilot. I tried Love's years ago and it was great. Same for Pilot. No more Dunkin for me.

DD is ok in a pinch when there are no other options. Make sure to request very little cream and sugar or it will rot your teeth before you finish the cup. I forgot that one time and the coffee was so sweet I couldn't drink it.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I used to love Dunkin and it was good coffee. A friend of mine in the coffee business told me years ago that Dunkin changed to Vietnamese coffee which is not the Arabica bean. Vietnnam is one of the largest exporters of coffee today as they are cheaper than the quality beans in South America. Today when I am on the road I seek out either Love's or Pilot. I tried Love's years ago and it was great. Same for Pilot. No more Dunkin for me.
I've had really good Vietnamese coffee, and indeed from beans grown all over world. I think how the beans are roasted and the coffee is brewed has a bigger impact on any given coffee's drinkability, even if you might prefer the flavor profile of one region over another. Obviously, Dunkin coffee is a mass production kind of thing, so quality is going to be middle of the road no matter where the beans come from. I don't expect them to measure the temperature of the water and weigh the beans and lovingly pour over every cup. But the coffee would probably taste better if they did!

Thanks for the tip on Pilot and Love's. I'll have to give their coffee a try next time I'm roadtripping.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
What about the coffee that Jack Nicholson prefers in the movie "The Bucket List"??? I will try some of that before I did.

Ha! I made a funny: you could say that it's on my bucket list, get it? Bucket List! I crack myself up!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Dunkie's coffee is lousy, and their donuts are worse. I grew up in Boston, and I now live in Ohio. The one thing these people out here do better than people in east coast cities is their donuts. There are 4 or 5 Mom and Pop donut places near me that top almost anything you'd find back east (with a few exceptions). There's no good Italian or Chinese food here, all the sub shops and pizza joints are lousy chains, but dammit, the donuts here are OK by me.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I live in Massachusetts, and it is against State Law not to like Dunkin' coffee. I am not a fan but please do not tell the authorities.
I'm moving to Massachusetts! Dunkin Donuts medium brew, brewed STRONGish at home is the best coffee I've ever had. Black, always black.

Top Bottom