What's new

Dunkin Coffee

Dunkin' Donuts store coffee is thinner than Kate Moss after a coke binge. I live in MA. There is a store every 1/2 mile. It's just not that good. Honey Dew is a WAY better coffee and they make their doughnuts fresh. Not trucked in from Bellingham, MA. They put every small coffee shop out of business.

As Owen said, in the bag at home is decent. I prefer 8 o'clock.

Then again, one of the biggest ripoffs in the world is coffee. Make it at home instead of paying $2-3.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Dunkin' Donuts store coffee is thinner than Kate Moss after a coke binge. I live in MA. There is a store every 1/2 mile. It's just not that good. Honey Dew is a WAY better coffee and they make their doughnuts fresh. Not trucked in from Bellingham, MA. They put every small coffee shop out of business.

As Owen said, in the bag at home is decent. I prefer 8 o'clock.

Then again, one of the biggest ripoffs in the world is coffee. Make it at home instead of paying $2-3.
My wife mixes 8 o'clock and DD at home with whatever else is on offer in a given week- Starbucks, etc. Excellent coffee.

I lived near a Marylou's in my last home south of Boston... it was like a lousy Hooter's only with coffee.

I’ve never cared for coffee at one of the specialty shops, especially Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks. Restaurant coffee is a different story. If I can find a restaurant that serves Henderson coffee, it is the best. But, I still prefer coffee out of my own coffeemaker. I’ve perfected the amount of water and coffee that appeals to my taste buds.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Just finished some perked Dunkin Donuts medium roast. My best yet, but still prefer the drip. But, I really haven't practiced enough.

How you been doing friend?
Doing okay. Some days good, some bad, but that is life, right!? how about you?

On topic, I detest DD coffee.....until I had a great cup of coffee at my sister's home, and was much surprised to learn she was using DD, bought in the grocery store and brewed in her Keurig!

Doing okay. Some days good, some bad, but that is life, right!? how about you?

On topic, I detest DD coffee.....until I had a great cup of coffee at my sister's home, and was much surprised to learn she was using DD, bought in the grocery store and brewed in her Keurig!

If the pods are fresh they can be rather good.

If the pods are fresh they can be rather good.
My sister uses refillable pods, and loads whatever coffee she buys. She used to buy bulk ground and store in ziploc bags in the freezer. Nonetheless, I liked the amount she used. Tasted nothing like the stuff in our Maine DD cafés.

I'm not a fan of Dunkin coffee. I think it is pretty miserable

Northeast here, there is DD every 27 feet. I used to think it was good coffee until I started getting good coffee in the mid 90s. That's when I stopped drinking it. That's also around the same time DD went to regional bakeries rather than each store making donuts fresh daily. Have only had it a few times since and it always tastes acrid/burnt even when freshly brewed. There is a convenience store chain up here called Cumberland Farms, almost as ubiquitous as DD. They have good coffee, several types, and it's a buck. If I'm out that's where I'll stop if having a caffeine emergency.

Northeast here, there is DD every 27 feet. I used to think it was good coffee until I started getting good coffee in the mid 90s. That's when I stopped drinking it. That's also around the same time DD went to regional bakeries rather than each store making donuts fresh daily. Have only had it a few times since and it always tastes acrid/burnt even when freshly brewed. There is a convenience store chain up here called Cumberland Farms, almost as ubiquitous as DD. They have good coffee, several types, and it's a buck. If I'm out that's where I'll stop if having a caffeine emergency.
Yep, Cumbies coffee is not too bad.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
That's also around the same time DD went to regional bakeries rather than each store making donuts fresh daily.

Tim Horton's did the same thing with their doughnuts up here in Canada. Probably around the same time. Nothing tastes like a freshly defrosted doughnut!!

:001_rolle

Tim Horton's did the same thing with their doughnuts up here in Canada. Probably around the same time. Nothing tastes like a freshly defrosted doughnut!!

:001_rolle

I cut waaaaay back on those, it was a struggle. There is a great small chain called Jumbo Donuts in the northeast, only a few stores and fortunately far away so I can't drop by on a whim. Was out near one this weekend and got a single old-fashioned, still warm. Am sure they use lard, nothing else tastes like it. That donut was great.

DD is really weak around here. My daughter has them add a shot or two of espresso and that helps quite a bit. Lot's of Starbucks in NY if you like that over-roasted burnt taste.

In the mid-90s small coffee shops popped up everywhere and then were slowly driven out by Starbucks. It's too bad, there were a few near me that were great, made their own pastries, and not a cookie cutter corporate dystopia. Only one from then made it and is still around, I always hit it if nearby. The upside is that it forced me into making better coffee at home. Have never tried DD beans at home either and maybe I should?

In the mid-90s small coffee shops popped up everywhere and then were slowly driven out by Starbucks. It's too bad, there were a few near me that were great, made their own pastries, and not a cookie cutter corporate dystopia. Only one from then made it and is still around, I always hit it if nearby. The upside is that it forced me into making better coffee at home. Have never tried DD beans at home either and maybe I should?
If you like a medium roast (think diner coffee) I'd say go for it. If you prefer an extra dark roast that stands up to candy shots a la Starbucks you'd be disappointed.

Dunkin coffee is the debbil!

dce.jpg

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
... Has anybody tried McDonalds coffee? Coworkers say its more doable than Tims, but I haven't tried it myself.
My understanding is that when Tim Horton's changed (they say "improved!" HA! says I) their bean blend a few years ago, McDonald's went and picked up the "old" supplier that Tim's left behind. Many folks I know say that Tim's now sucks and McDs is pretty gosh-darn good. I wonder why? :001_rolle

As for Dunkin, SWMBO and I used to load up with $150-200 worth of their French Vanilla beans when we would shop in Buffalo. We haven't been stateside for about 5 years and have since switched over to Lavazza Crema E Aroma. Even when my brother picked us up a bag of Dunkin French Vanilla (pre Covid), my wife preferred the Lavazza, which is great, as we can get it from Costco.

In-store brewed Dunkin was something neither my wife or I could drink. Blah!

Top Bottom