What's new

Dunkin Coffee

SWMBO says we have been to a Dunkin for coffee 20 +/- years ago but I can't remember. I thought today was our 1st visit.

While traveling today we stopped at a Dunkin for 2 coffees at SWMBOs insistence.

I do know if it was just bad luck or I was served the worst coffee on the planet on purpose. I got the last squeeze out of one of the largest air pots east of the Mississippi. SWMBO got hers out of a fresh pot (I had to wait and watch hers brew while mine sat on the counter).. I know, I know, I should have said something but I didn't want to complain BEFORE I was served.....

To say it was the worst tasting coffee that I have ever drank would be a compliment so I won't say that.

SWMBO got hers with sugar and it and it was so sweet it almost threw her into diabetic shock.

So here we are in Clayton Clayton Georgia dying for a cup of coffee. I drank about half of mine. Did I say I was dying for coffee?

SWMBO was complaining so much that I had to pull off and "fix it". I mixed the two together and when the last of my poured into the thermos there were so much coffee grounds in the bottom of the cup that I could not see any white.

That was an interesting "blend". I called it Dunkin bitter sweet blend. SWMBO snorted and got coffee in her nose but she stopped complaining.

I have to give thanks to Dunkin for giving us a very entertaining drive home. Yes, we finished every drop of their elixir before we got home.

What are some of your more interesting "I had coffee out" stories?

Your problem was it was Clayton, GA. lol. At least you didn't try the Wendy's there.

I had a friend in college from there and a buddy at work from there. Clayton was a regular stop on the way to my parents or grandparent's place up in NC and I've done some work there as well. My brother likes the hiking trails near there.

I'm not a fan of Dunkin coffee. I think it is pretty miserable, to be honest. It doesn't matter where you get it, it just doesn't taste good. And this was my opinion before I started roasting my own beans.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

linty1

My wallet cries.
I haven't had too much experience with sorta chain-y coffee places, but I find their coffee does better when mixed with something, whether milk or cream etc. Just plain black and I haven't had good experiences (mostly at the Tim Hortons here, neither their reg or new dark is good, tastes like cigg butts to me). Starbucks has a "True North" blend that is alright? Its a lighter roast, and you can request them to make it as a pour over and they'll pour one fresh for you. Thats the extent of my experience with sorta chain coffee shops. I have been to a Dunkin, but I don't remember how it went.

Has anybody tried McDonalds coffee? Coworkers say its more doable than Tims, but I haven't tried it myself.

I was a little weirded out while vacationing in the northeast to discover ordering a "regular coffee" at a Dunkin Donuts meant getting it with cream and sugar added. I learned quickly to specify I take it, "black".

That aside, not a big fan of DD coffee in general.

Exit??? Ah, you're talking about the county. I thought you meant the small city up in the mountains. You said Clayton Clayton Georgia in your post.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I absolutely LOVE, and drink DD coffee every AM. Brewed at home from a 40 ounce? bag bought at Sam's on sale. (I'm so cheap, but coffee is my one indulgence that I like to have to my liking.)

I HATE just about any coffee from a restaurant except McDonald's. That stuff is most definitely the best drive thru coffee I've ever had.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I absolutely LOVE, and drink DD coffee every AM. Brewed at home from a 40 ounce? bag bought at Sam's on sale. (I'm so cheap, but coffee is my one indulgence that I like to have to my liking.)

I HATE just about any coffee from a restaurant except McDonald's. That stuff is most definitely the best drive thru coffee I've ever had.
I’m generally not a baby but mcD coffee is served at 1000 degrees kelvin.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Youda thunk they'd learnt their lesson. "Mucho caliente!" Don't place cup between your knees!
F53EBFC9-B6F2-4775-8827-EDBE554A0A70.gif

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Ok I know what you all are thinking.
And no I wasn’t the lady that sued McDs.
But it’s so freaking hot I can’t drink it. I like to gulp my coffee. When I order a coffee I want it then and there. I hate letting it sit for 20 minutes to sip at it.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I have a hard time drinking coffee out at a lot of places. It always seems to be burnt, even a "fresh pot."

Back when I first started working from home, I got a PO Box for work mail. The post office is only about a quarter-mile from my house, walking distance for sure, and there's a Dunkin' Donuts only a handful of paces further. I would go check my box and then grab a coffee from DD. It's decent coffee, but I don't get the hype.

It wasn't long after that I bought our French press. I quit going to DD after that. Worlds apart. Worlds.

That said, I do like the coffee from TA and a couple other truck stop sort of places that are on a couple road trip routes I often take. I don't know what makes their coffee better. I can't imagine they put any more love into it than the DD does.

My late mother-in-law used to say the best cappuccino was from the vending machine at the rest stop on I-74 near Farmer City, Illinois. I did not agree.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Yer gonna buy coffee, go someplace that sells a lot of it AND has a woman minding the pot. Guys look at the pot and if the black sludge in the bottom still has a little wet sheen on it they'll wait to see who comes looking for coffee.

Used to be this old country bar where I'd stop after a spring/fall motorcycle ride to warm up. There was a long-haired son of righteousness named Fred behind the boards. He had a coffee pot that musta come off an aircraft carrier. Size of a water heater. He'd fill it with a garden hose and dump in four or five 3-pound cans of coffee and light 'er off.

The kicker was he only had to make coffee every two or three days. I'd come rolling in and since I knew the system I'd take a seat and ask Fred, "How's the coffee?" He'd answer, "Tuesday."

"All right, gimme a cup."

So he'd siphon off a cup of joe, and place it reverently in front of me. Then he'd reach under the bar and come up with a coffee can full of spoons and a large can of Swiss Miss hot chocolate mix. "Little of that'll cut the taste for you," he'd say.

"Fred, yer a true gentleman. A jewel beyond price," I'd say every time.

Oddly enough, NOT the worst coffee I ever had.

O.H.

Top Bottom