What's new

dry body skin

I shower at least once a day, sometimes twice a day, but my skin has been getting really dry and itchy. My question is, are there any good hydrating soaps that can prevent this? I hate putting on lotion after I get out of the shower because I hate the feeling and most smell bad.

I shower at least once a day, sometimes twice a day, but my skin has been getting really dry and itchy. My question is, are there any good hydrating soaps that can prevent this? I hate putting on lotion after I get out of the shower because I hate the feeling and most smell bad.

Irish Springs has done well by me, but I'm not too knowledgeable on skin care below the neck. I suppose a pertinent question would be: what soap are you CURRENTLY using?

I have pretty dry skin too and I have found that soaps that contain tea tree oil work the best. You can find them at health food stores or Whole Foods.

Not getting into your business or anything, but I had really dry skin for years. Know what the main problem was? Not drinking enough water and drinking too many caffeinated beverages. After I changed all that, I can go pretty much lotionless except in the coldest months. Push the water intake for a week to the getting up to go to the bathroom 2 or 3 times a night levels and see what happens. Just my 2 cents.

Not getting into your business or anything, but I had really dry skin for years. Know what the main problem was? Not drinking enough water and drinking too many caffeinated beverages. After I changed all that, I can go pretty much lotionless except in the coldest months. Push the water intake for a week to the getting up to go to the bathroom 2 or 3 times a night levels and see what happens. Just my 2 cents.

good point. also helpful can be omega-3 (fish oil) supplementation.

A couple suggestions from a guy with chronic eczema:

Try some Cetaphil.
Shower less often.
Don't scrub so hard when you wash. Use your hands instead of a loofah or cloth.
Use cooler water. Not cold, but not hot.
Drink more water. Lots more.
Suck it up and use some lotion. There are good, unscented ones out there.

Top Bottom