What's new

Drug store blades

I don't want to mention brands at the moment, I'm new and have to find the water level. There are some blades at my drug store that I wouldn't mind trying. They're from a well known maker. Has the membership found some decent razor blades right off the shelf. These are for a DB razor.
Thanks all,
Bill

I haven't tried drug store blades. However, I have bought some Kroger branded blades and have found them to be very good.

Drug store blades with a made in Israel label will be Personna Reds, which I find pretty good. Ones from South Korea are made by Dorco, and I'm not so keen on them. I believe that in the USA you can also find US made Personna blades, some of which are decent enough while others are poor. However, I would generally follow the recommendation made by above by Misunderstood

Drug or pharmacy store blades are expensive. My four day trip to Indiana ended being 2 1/2 weeks and I ran out of blades. I visited a Kroger store, saw they had some, and despite the cost bought them rather than resorting to a disposable razor. Now whenever I travel I take at least 15 blades with me.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I've found Wilkinson Sword and unbranded Israeli blades in my local stores. They'll give a great shave in the right hands, but better deals are available online. I got 100 Wilkinson blades delivered to my door for less than the price of three tucks from a shop in town. However, if I'm ever away from home and found I forgot blades, I'd have no qualms picking up a puck from a local shop.

Yeah. I've had decent Gillette's, Red IP's, Wilkinson Sword and others I can't recall.
Whilst buying hundreds online can be cheap a fairly priced pack of 10 DE blades in a B&M store is an easy way to try out some blades for less than shipping can cost in some cases. Getting 50-100 shaves for some loose change whilst on an otherwise dull shopping trip is often worth a shot.

I picked up about 10 packs of Gillette Swedes at a local pharmacy a while back, which was nice. It was cheaper than buying one pack on ebay at the time.

Other than cost (as store blades are more expensive) and selection (generally very limited in store), many blades are made by Personna or other quality manufactures. These can be just fine!

I recently bought some Kroger brand blades at a close out sale. I’ve used one so far and it gave me four very good shaves. It said on the package made in Israel. Maybe by their Personna plant there?

Beauty supply stores will often have a selection as well. My local supply shop carries Derby Extra and Feather Blades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tryablade website is another good way to try different blades without buying in bulk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom