What's new

DR Harris Windsor or Arlington.??

Hello Gentlemen,

I hope you all are doing well. I will be purchasing a Simpsons Duke 3 in best badger soon, and I will also pull the trigger on one of the DR Harris shaving creams offerings, but I can't decide between Windsor or Arlington. Can you help me to decide and describe the scents of Windsor and Arlington.?? Thanks so much in advance, your support It's much appreciated.

Greetings from Greece

But can anyone please describe the scents.?? I have so many creams that I'm not interested on buying both. Just one.

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
Someone with a Duke 3 deserves an option of soaps whilst shaving, thus the comment to get both.
Arlington: subtle blend of citrus and fern. Notes of Lemon, Bergamot, Orange, Neroli, Rose and Musk.
Windsor: overtones of Citrus and Grapefruit, and matures into tones of Black Pepper and Vetiver.

welcome to B&B, Sir Alpa Man!

to be short, DRH windsor and arlington are both great!
windsor (i've only done the soap) is woody/cologny, while arlingon is citrus/fruity/sweet.
different but both great!

harris windsor simpson jubilee thiers issard crown wing september 7 2014.jpg

arlingtonMD4_4681.jpg

The descriptions above are about right. Two great scents but, for me, I love (love, love) Arlington -- a top scent for me. Windsor doesn't do much for me. However, another great DR Harris scent is - for me - Marlborough which is cedarwood and sandlewod. FWIW, if you really want nuanced takes on scents, fagrantica.com is a great place to look. Folks who are obsessive about scents post there and evaluate scents, although the reviews are usually of the EDP or EDT or perfume so there might be subtle differences from the splashes. Also, FWIW, you can usually get samples of DR Harris soaps and aftershaves from Maggard and that's cheaper than shelling out $40 or so for a bottle of splash.

Scent profile is so unique to the individual.

do you like cologne scents or soapy scents?

Windsor is one of my favorite soaps of all time. It’s a clean soapy scent—subtle creamy scent mixed with a hint of vetiver

Arlington has a slight cologne like scent. Both very nice. But Windsor is my personal choice.

But sometimes you gotta just buy both.

Arlington resembles a Neroli Portofino type fragrance. Starts off like a sweet citrus and has some green notes. Some people who don't like it compare it to lemon drop candies.

Windsor resembles more a Terre d'Hermes type fragrance. Spicy citrus & pepper with earthy wood & vetiver notes. Some people who don't like it compare it to citrus cleaning supplies.

Hello Gentlemen,

I hope you all are doing well. I will be purchasing a Simpsons Duke 3 in best badger soon, and I will also pull the trigger on one of the DR Harris shaving creams offerings, but I can't decide between Windsor or Arlington. Can you help me to decide and describe the scents of Windsor and Arlington.?? Thanks so much in advance, your support It's much appreciated.

Greetings from Greece
If DRH, I would get a hard soap, not cream. If you want an English cream, I'd go for T&H rather.

Arlington is very straight fwd, almost linear fresh, citrusy, a bit sweet "cologney" scent. Windsor is more complex woody, some would say "mature".

BTW - describing scents is TOTALLY useless, as we all smell things differently.

Hello Gentlemen,

Greetings from Greece
I've used the entire DRH lineup and made a review post a little while back but if I had to pick...I'd definitely pick Windsor. Unless you like citrus scent (which Arlington has a strong note of) go with windsor. There isn't anything like it as far as I can tell. Arlington is also nearly identical to TOBS eton college scent...so if you want something unique, Windsor is the pick again.

Are you sure? There is no difference between the scent of Italian Christmas cookies and pine trees, for instance?

🤔
Perhaps you misunderstood my post.

I am not saying that cinnamon smells like vanilla to me or that black pepper has the same scent as coffee. NO!

What I was trying to say was that different PEOPLE perceive smells DIFFERENTLY. Like - say - I might find the Arlington somewhat sweet, while you may find it not sweet at all. I might find Windsor to be woody, while you may sense it to be "medicinal", etc, etc...

It's very hard to be objective with scents, impossible actually. Bottom-line is, I'd never buy a fragrance/soap/cream based on how others perceive its scent. I need to smell it myself to determine whether I like it (or not). Thus, I give the same advice to everyone else - get a sample if you can.

Windsor is one of my absolute favorites.

Arlington is also very nice, but much less complex/layered than Windsor, and is 100% "brighter" and "sweeter" in character.
For comparisons, Arlington is similar to Celle Extra Extra Bio, in it's "Brightness", to my nose...

Top Bottom