What's new

Dovo Favorit mystery

I purchased a Dovo Favorit some time ago at Manufactum. First thing I noticed was that it said "Swedish steel" on the box. Is that usual for a razor made in Solingen? I don't find this model on the actual Dovo catalogue but it's not a vintage blade IMO either. Is this model not produced anymore? Then Manufactum claims that it was ground by Fritz Bracht but Bracht ground for Dovo back in the fifties at my knowledge. So do I have in fact a vintage blade? Anyone has some insight to offer?

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Can you post a picture, close up of the stamping? As far as I know, all Dovo boxes, even the cheapest Best Quality, say Swedish Steel.

different countries use different steel...the 1920's Germany made ALOT of straight razors for many countries/cities...England tended to make just as many in the late 1800's IMO..but to answer your question...Germany uses Swedish Steel originally from Sweden..but it could also be marketing to make you think that...Sweden used Swedish steel for all of their SR's..Germany years ago tended to use "German steel"

Don't feel lonely.
My Thiers-Issard, has a blade that says Widerstrahl, Solengen.
The scales are supposed to be whale bone, but the box says horn.
Go figure.

Top Bottom