What's new

Dorco - never heard of them!!!!

I've just bought a Dorco safety razor in box etc (good condition) on ebay for £3.61.

Have i done well or have i dropped a bo***ck?

They are made by South Korean company. Some suspect it's identical with the Feather razor. For 3.61 GPB, I think you did fine.

I haven't used their razors, but I have used their blades. In fact, I put one in my W-1 SuperSpeed last night, and got the closest, gentlest shave of my life!!! They are great for practicing your technique, because they are sharp enough to shave well, but not so sharp as a feather!!

I haven't used their razors, but I have used their blades. In fact, I put one in my W-1 SuperSpeed last night, and got the closest, gentlest shave of my life!!! They are great for practicing your technique, because they are sharp enough to shave well, but not so sharp as a feather!!

Yep. Dorco may sound like a funny name in colloquial English, but their blades are no joke. If your technique is good, they are about as capable as any blade out there of giving you an irritation-free BBS shave. If your technique isn't so good, they are very forgiving. No harshness to be had. I swear by them for head shaving. Dirt cheap on eBay, too.

Yep. Dorco may sound like a funny name in colloquial English, but their blades are no joke. If your technique is good, they are about as capable as any blade out there of giving you an irritation-free BBS shave. If your technique isn't so good, they are very forgiving. No harshness to be had. I swear by them for head shaving. Dirt cheap on eBay, too.

+2

Even though I generally use Feathers, I still have the Dorcos because they are just that good. To me the biggest thing is the smoothness. It's a fairly sharp blade but smooth enough that it doesn't feel abrasive. You can't go wrong with them. Especially, at the price: West Coast Shaving sells 100 for $10 shipped.

Top Bottom