What's new

Don't know if it is worth it

Someone gave me a straight razor a few months back. It obviously needs to be honed, but it also looks as if it has a slight frown and a micro chip in the edge. It is not an expensive razor by any means, and I am wondering if it would even be worth it to get it honed/repaired. If I send it off, I would like to send it to someone who can look at it and let me know if it is worth it before they charge me for anything. Who is a good person to send this to?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Microchips? I don't charge any extra for that.

Frown? Depends on how bad the frown is. If its minor and only takes me 10-15 minutes to get it out and rebevelled, I don't charge extra for that either.

If its really bad... Haven't seen one that bad yet. That or I tossed it and forgot about it.

At first let us know what the name of the blade. there is some razor's is not worth work on them. if your blade new chinese or pakistany blade i would recommend try to buy another blade.
if you have blade which is old blade then i am sure 99% quality of the blade will be ok.
Picture will help also.
gl

At first let us know what the name of the blade. there is some razor's is not worth work on them. if your blade new chinese or pakistany blade i would recommend try to buy another blade.
if you have blade which is old blade then i am sure 99% quality of the blade will be ok.
Picture will help also.
gl

It is a Twin Duck? Special No 1 instead of Dubl Duck. Bresnick NY on the other side. Here are some photos.

View attachment 85272
View attachment 85273
View attachment 85274

It is very quality razor. Does have a lot hone wear but i think after it hones will serve you great. gl

It's frowning a little, but has plenty of life left in it if you get it restored by someone who knows what they're doing. It's a top notch razor, definitely worth having restored.

Top Bottom