What's new

Dogs

My two year old mini aussie/poo male climbs onto the top of my recliner and sits with his head on my shoulders.
DSCN1241 (1).JPG

We have beagles. We’ve had beagles for decades at this point. At present, this is our senior member, Hunter Lily. Sixteen and a half. She’s been a stalwart companion for many years. My avatar photo is our puppy, “The Kaiser.” He and Hunter Lily stay very close to each other. The alpha of our pack is Dewey; he’s in the last photo. He’s very smart. I cannot imagine a life without them.

Attachments

• 1776CEAE-4DA0-4C40-BEA6-B816CB3B68AB.jpeg
    1776CEAE-4DA0-4C40-BEA6-B816CB3B68AB.jpeg
    270.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 6D2536C2-3899-411E-A729-34DD1F4E6082.png
    6D2536C2-3899-411E-A729-34DD1F4E6082.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 8
Had to share a couple of pictures of my first boy. He gave me 16 wonderful years! The buidings in the backround are Cisco Systems in the hart of Silicon Valley. If you look at his lats it almost looks like he was flexing but it was his natural state. I miss my pretty boy but he left my a lifetime of great memories.
DSC01287-1.jpg
DSC01284.JPG
DSC01285.JPG
He was so cool!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
My beloved avatar, Opal, crossed the Rainbow Bridge on May first. Best girl ever. I miss her so. Thirteen and a half years was not long enough. Right now the hurt is too raw to think of another puppy, but when the time comes I cannot imagine anything but another English setter. They are sweet, goofy, lazy indoors, and just amazing outdoors working birds or even chasing squirrels or deer. They purr when lying around!

My pups on a 3 day backpack/fishing trip last weekend. Sadey is the LabX I refer to as a Labratard and a "Yakima Special" interchangeably, and the Llew's name is Sticker...but often goes by "Stinker".
They're both very "busy" girls but the laughs and cuddles far outweigh any trouble they get into.
Fish finder sticker.jpgSadey.jpgtent.jpg

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
A pair of rescues from Southwestern English Setter Rescue that moved in last night. Porter, the orange, is nine. Hopps, the blue seventy pounder pretending he is a lap dog, is eight. That is me, sporting my 10/10 shave fourteen hours in. If anyone is looking for a dog, SWESR is trying to place several dogs.
A6782220-EDC3-44E6-9567-B7F1B74F4E96.jpeg
735A52C8-5A04-4EDC-A98F-7B6CFA1EFB6F.jpeg

I’ve had pets in the past but I have to say labrador retrievers are just the most amazing animals. I have a 13-year-old chocolate lab it’s really breaking my heart to see her slow down. Just such beautiful loving animals. I’m sure I’m not the only one here who has a real fond attachment to a dog.

I had to let my girl go this past spring and I'm pining for a canine pal again. Watching this thread.

Top Bottom