What's new

Does NOXZEMA still make shaving cream?

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
This is listed on an Italian website as pre-post shave.

Does it lather like a normal shaving cream/soap or is this some type of brushless rub and go stuff?
The container contains directions to use it as pre, post or shaving, at least that's what it looked like, I can't read Italian and threw the box when I got it. Razor Company has the English translation of what I think is on the product box in Italian. It does not lather. It's brushless which generally are meant not to lather. (Not directed at you) I don't understand why some buy brushless and try to lather it. To me the point of brushless is NOT using a brush. Great for travel and or if you don't like doing the dishes after shaving.

One point on most of the brushless, they are not soap and thus tend to leave the face more moisturized than most shaving soaps. I think if a person likes menthol this is an excellent shaving product. It probably would be my favorite brushless if they left the menthol out.

Screenshot_20230130_044507.png

(Not directed at you) I don't understand why some buy brushless and try to lather it. To me the point of brushless is NOT using a brush. Great for travel and or if you don't like doing the dishes after shaving.
Yep. I had the feeling this one was kind of brushless.

I love soaps and all but there’s always some foamy or barbasol in rotation. Quick and done.

I guess Noxzema is in too. Good to know.

The container contains directions to use it as pre, post or shaving, at least that's what it looked like, I can't read Italian and threw the box when I got it. Razor Company has the English translation of what I think is on the product box in Italian. It does not lather. It's brushless which generally are meant not to lather. (Not directed at you) I don't understand why some buy brushless and try to lather it. To me the point of brushless is NOT using a brush. Great for travel and or if you don't like doing the dishes after shaving.

One point on most of the brushless, they are not soap and thus tend to leave the face more moisturized than most shaving soaps. I think if a person likes menthol this is an excellent shaving product. It probably would be my favorite brushless if they left the menthol out.

View attachment 1597358
It's a myth that soaps are of necessity drying to the skin. The myth derives mostly from cleansing bars that have had glycerin removed from them prior to selling.
Good shaving soaps are not particularly cleansing and many of them are superfatted and/or have various moisturizing ingredients added to them.

I wish people would stop perpetuating this tired old story that somehow all soaps are bad for your skin. It just isn't true.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
@kingfisher I would agree, they all are not drying. Some are. I would wager that more soaps dry skin than brushless creams. I've got a continuing thread (Soap Tests, aka culling the herd. - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/soap-tests-aka-culling-the-herd.634517/) here were I use shaving products with no A/S, balm or anything after. Many of the hard soaps have done well. That said I don't think any of the brushless - basically lotion you can shave with - products left me dry or tight, some soaps, even superfatted artisan soaps have. I think the fo and eo in some give as many problems as anything else.

Intereseting to me is how many of the "old standby's" I have not liked when they are not followed by A/S or balm. Not using crutches makes the products walk on their own and some fall.

Last edited:
I'm using the noxzema classic in the white tub as a pre shave......... And I love it so far. I don't mind the menthol pre tingle and leave it on while I prepare my usual soap lather. I then lather over the top of it with my normal soap and so far it feels fantastic.

Top Bottom