What's new

Does NOXZEMA still make shaving cream?

Noxzema in both the white and red (Sensitive) cans is available at my local Rexall pharmacies and Metro supermarkets here in Toronto. Noxzema in tubes has now made a reappearance in Europe and I'm planning to order a few on Fleabay.

:straight:

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I have one can of the Noxema(white can)not sure if it's the same as the green/red can seen in stores...
I used Noxema foam years ago and the white cam was the basic cream. I loved it. When I use foam now I use Barbasol. May pick up a can of Noxema now that I’ve been reminded.

Haven't tried myself, but there is a version sold in Greece:
1578304131436.png

And a version sold in Italy:

1578304185443.png

You can get the white can from Pharmapacks and Ebay. I find it works at least as well as my Italian Prep so maybe as well as Proraso Canned too. Very underrated IMO.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Couldn’t find it in the grocery or pharmacy. Amazon has a good selection but multi can packs. I used Nivea this morning but didn’t care for it. If I find a single can I’ll give it a try. I used Noxema regularly for a while and it is good soap. I’m the meantime I’ll keep using Barbasol. I’m not sure how long this foam thing is going to last so I won’t be committing to a six pack.

I bought a Noxzema cream from Greece and lathered it up. It's a super thirsty cream and requires a lot of water, at least that was my experience with it. It was pretty cheap on eBay.

As far as canned Noxzema, I've seen the aloe in the green can and the sensitive in the red can around Tampa where I live. The red one is way better than the green one, in my opinion.

I saw the red can at Wegmans today, but I was there to try KMF and Proraso and didnt need to buy canned stuff to add to my 7 or 8 can stash of Barbasol and Schick Xtreme.
I last used a can of Noxzema about 6 years ago, it was either red or green. It was pretty good, but I prefer Barbasol for canned foam. There was nothing I disliked about Noxzema though.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
The foam is no longer being made in North America. Prices at Pharmapacks have gone up exponentially recently, as have prices on ebay. Or at least they had a month ago when I looked.

I bought a Noxzema cream from Greece and lathered it up. It's a super thirsty cream and requires a lot of water, at least that was my experience with it. It was pretty cheap on eBay.

As far as canned Noxzema, I've seen the aloe in the green can and the sensitive in the red can around Tampa where I live. The red one is way better than the green one, in my opinion.

I occasionally find the green can at Publix in the Daytona area and a small mom'n'pop pharmacy/breakfast diner/ice cream fountain in New Smyrna Beach called Little Drug Co carries the red can (as well as Williams mug soap, Schick injector blades, Wilkinson sword de blades, and gillette foamy lemon lime cans).

I occasionally find the green can at Publix in the Daytona area and a small mom'n'pop pharmacy/breakfast diner/ice cream fountain in New Smyrna Beach called Little Drug Co carries the red can (as well as Williams mug soap, Schick injector blades, Wilkinson sword de blades, and gillette foamy lemon lime cans).
Sounds like a neat place. If I'm ever on that side of the state, I'll have to check it out.

The foam is no longer being made in North America. Prices at Pharmapacks have gone up exponentially recently, as have prices on ebay. Or at least they had a month ago when I looked.
I havent seen it in years until yesterday at Wegmans. It is not listed on their website but neither is Proraso green which they had plenty of. They had 2 or 3 cans of Noxzema Red but it might have been old stock. Dont remember the price. But this Wegmans only opened a few years ago.
There doesnt seem to be a reason to price gouge it online since it is just a typical foam in a can. I tried it just once, there was nothing wrong with it, but I never bought it again.

I havent seen it in years until yesterday at Wegmans. It is not listed on their website but neither is Proraso green which they had plenty of. They had 2 or 3 cans of Noxzema Red but it might have been old stock. Dont remember the price. But this Wegmans only opened a few years ago.
There doesnt seem to be a reason to price gouge it online since it is just a typical foam in a can. I tried it just once, there was nothing wrong with it, but I never bought it again.

I got a can of the green a few years ago on a whim because I don't dislike foams but found it underwhelming compared to barbasol or foamy.

I got a can of the green a few years ago on a whim because I don't dislike foams but found it underwhelming compared to barbasol or foamy.
I think I used Gillette foamy when I first started shaving but I remember using the Gillette Brush Plus system exclusively when it first came out until they discontinued it. If my memory serves me right it was only available for a few short years, but it was fantastic. Dont rememer what I used after that it might have been Gillette foamy but I did use Edge Gel for a long time. I only tried Barbasol about 6 years ago. I still use it a lot now but I also use creams and sometimes soaps with a brush.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
The glass container made in Italy is available from the Razor company. It works well but has more menthol than I'd like. More menthol than I'd like translates to ANY menthol. I don't like mint, menthol, eucalyptus, pepperming, spearmint in shaving products.
Screenshot_20230129_114335.png

Personally I haven't used it but from what I've heard from friends and other wet shavers here in Greece Nivea shaving cream is a better performer than Noxzema.

The glass container made in Italy is available from the Razor company. It works well but has more menthol than I'd like. More menthol than I'd like translates to ANY menthol. I don't like mint, menthol, eucalyptus, pepperming, spearmint in shaving products.
View attachment 1596974
This is listed on an Italian website as pre-post shave.

Does it lather like a normal shaving cream/soap or is this some type of brushless rub and go stuff?

This is listed on an Italian website as pre-post shave.

Does it lather like a normal shaving cream/soap or is this some type of brushless rub and go stuff?
Good question. BTW Prep seems to have discontinued its shave cream in the tube. Too bad as I'm sure it smelled like the canned version which, I hate to say this, beats even the old Noxzema.

Top Bottom