What's new

Does NOXZEMA still make shaving cream?

Don't think I've seen NOXZEMA shaving cream in the store in 10 years, and even then it looked like old cans, because I usually purchased them from some type of discount store.

The only Noxzema shaving cream I can find in stores is the canned foam - and only the red can labeled "sensitive" seems to be kept stocked where I live. (I've seen other members on here discuss a green can Noxzema with Aloe, but I've never seen it locally.)

Red and White in the can be found here, and the dollar store that used to carry the green and Gillette blades has packed and gone. As for anything current, and I have not tried it myself, I've heard people on here say Omega tubs are a good similarity.

every once in a while a tube or a jar pops up on ebay.
i like the lathering tube; the brushless jar cream is, let me say, unique.
if interested, pm me and i'd be happy to send a sample with compliments.

$noxzema lather rubberset schulze friday aqua velva penhaligon lords november 13 2015.jpg

$noxzema gillette aqua velva june 3 2015.jpg

I really enjoyed using Noxzema shaving cream from the tube. I haven't seen it in a store in decades so it must be long gone. IIRC it had a slight pinkish cast to it and smelled a bit like it had camphor in it. I'd buy it in a second if they brought it back in the original formula.

Bob

I really enjoyed using Noxzema shaving cream from the tube. I haven't seen it in a store in decades so it must be long gone. IIRC it had a slight pinkish cast to it and smelled a bit like it had camphor in it. I'd buy it in a second if they brought it back in the original formula.

Bob

the cream from this old tube is a little yellowish.
which might be due to age.
the brushless Nox shave cream in the blue jar was definitely pink.

$noxzema cream.jpg

$noxzema gillette aqua velva june 3 2015.jpg

Never tried the blue tube.The white tube from Italy was a real treasure,hated to see it go...Here's a shot of the red tube,probably 1940's...

Attachments

• $nox3.JPG
    $nox3.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 101
  • $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzljo.JPG
    $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzljo.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 101
Never tried the blue tube.The white tube from Italy was a real treasure,hated to see it go...Here's a shot of the red tube,probably 1940's...

What I would do to see the Noxzema lather cream back in production. I tried both of those versions and they were both the same wonderful stuff.

Top Bottom