What's new

Does Dubl Duck make a Mother of Pearl scales?

There is a Dubl Duck for sale on the 'bay right now that the seller claims has Mother of Pearl scales. Now I know that Dubl Duck does have the "cracked ice" celluloid scales, which look kinda similar, but I didn't know if they made them with real Mother of Pearl.

Anyway, regardless I still think its a nice looking razor. Thanks for any help.

Here is the listing:
Edited out active auction

Thanks!

PS - also, are there any other good places to find good quality DD's besides digging around forever on ebay? I see them rarely on SRP. Just wondering, as I'm looking for a nice one. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been successful reaching out to some of the members here and at SRP. I purchased one from a member here yesterday and am ecstatic with the quality and price. A few websites have them. If you are interested, I'll reach out to the member here and introduce you guys, he may be able to assist?

Searching for one can be painful as ebay drives the price through the ceiling!

Joe

There is a Dubl Duck for sale on the 'bay right now that the seller claims has Mother of Pearl scales. Now I know that Dubl Duck does have the "cracked ice" celluloid scales, which look kinda similar, but I didn't know if they made them with real Mother of Pearl.

Anyway, regardless I still think its a nice looking razor. Thanks for any help.

Here is the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DUBL-DUCK-WONDE...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:4|65:1|39:1|240:1318
Thanks!

PS - also, are there any other good places to find good quality DD's besides digging around forever on ebay? I see them rarely on SRP. Just wondering, as I'm looking for a nice one. Thanks!

Try this site. www.ruprazor.com He is a member here and I've seen pictures of his work, which is incredible! Not sure what your price point is but this might be the answer.

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
The scales are celluloid.

Tip: If you see any kind of inlay or carving in "pearl" or "ivory" scales, they are celluloid. To inlay anything in those materials is very time consuming and has to be done by hand. Manufacturers would not have done that. None of them.

Last edited:
OK, thats what I thought.

If one of you would contact the seller. HE asked that I post pictures of his razor on a forum and for someone who was familiar with DD razors to contact him. He replied to me that he didn't know whether they were celluloid or MOP but figured they were MOP since he had so much interest. I just hate to see him get burned when he sells to someone who thinks it is real MOP.

Also, thanks for the help in finding one. I can definitely use it.

Top Bottom