What's new

Does Branding Matter?

Thanks @WildWest74 for the detailed response about Holy Black. It helps a lot. Though it still seems like they are trying too hard to borrow from the past to gain credibility in the present. IMO the look and feel of their logo is very much W&B, not really a derivative design. But at least it looks good.

Thanks @WildWest74 for the detailed response about Holy Black. It helps a lot. Though it still seems like they are trying too hard to borrow from the past to gain credibility in the present. IMO the look and feel of their logo is very much W&B, not really a derivative design. But at least it looks good.
I should have added that the use of a cross in their logo and their name really made me think there was surely some religious connotation around the brand. It would have been nice if they could have built on the gunpowder theme when creating their logo to avoid that. Though there is a large segment of the population that gets riled up over either guns or religion. Looks like they make good products and satisfy their customers, which is most important.

Last edited:
I really try to do my homework on soaps or anything else really. The "brand" is an identifier for me and that really is it. Every manufacturer and artisan started off "wanting to be" and some have achieved the goal while others have gone to "has been" and some '"never where". If you don't try new stuff from never heard of people, well the industry never grows. I enjoy trying new stuff and trying out newly recommended manufacturers and artisans from the members here on B&B.

I really try to do my homework on soaps or anything else really. The "brand" is an identifier for me and that really is it. Every manufacturer and artisan started off "wanting to be" and some have achieved the goal while others have gone to "has been" and some '"never where". If you don't try new stuff from never heard of people, well the industry never grows. I enjoy trying new stuff and trying out newly recommended manufacturers and artisans from the members here on B&B.

This is the way I feel. Branding does nothing but differentiate the product from other products. Research is key. If I become interested in a product that there is just not a lot of forum feedback about them my decision to try it won't have anything to do with its branding.

Top Bottom