What's new

Does anyone shave while in the shower?

I've also been shaving in the shower for the last 10 years. Switched from carts to DE 2 years ago and tried back at the sink again, but my lather would dry on my face too quickly. So back in the shower i will stay! Been wanting to try a straight, but also afraid of dropping it and cutting more important areas!

I shaved in the shower when I used carts. Now it's shower, move to the bathroom and spoil myself with Italian soaps and American made razors.

I have an AquaTek mirror which connects to the inlet valve and showerhead and can be switched on/off to allow water to flow through it which prevents fogging; the showerhead is a restricted flow with a switch which shuts off water flowing through it and you use very little water with this combination. I have always shaved in the shower because (for me); it gives me my best shaves.

I don't worry about the mirror falling as much as I do the straight edge! Personally, I get much more pleasure by going through the routine/ritual at the sink. If I find myself pushed for time, then I do fewer passes.

*UPDATE* (for me at least) since completely immersing my self in the rituals of wet shaving I no longer shave in the shower. I keep pre shave, brush, soaps and soap bowls on the sink in front of the mirror. I had always considered shaving a time consuming nuisance but now wet shaving is a morning ritual that I look forward to and don't want to rush. I take my time and do it right and enjoy every minute of the process. Ever since I was in the Marines shaving in the shower was to save time but now this old Marine has time enough...

I shaved in the shower with a Fusion and used a suction cup mirror. I now switched to the sink with a DE and a SR. I still have my shower set up in case I am in a hurry or running late. I enjoy the sink set up more and the whole process of wet shaving.

Apart from a few times at the sink, I've always shower shaved. As a kid to and adault. Sometimes I even shave in the bath tub.

I keep a goatee so I have to shave in front of the sink. That and I would nick myself if I did it by feel. When I lived in an apartment, I did shave in the shower with a cart. My showers at all tile as well and I wouldn't want to drill into the tile or pay someone to install one.

I keep a goatee so I have to shave in front of the sink. That and I would nick myself if I did it by feel. When I lived in an apartment, I did shave in the shower with a cart. My showers at all tile as well and I wouldn't want to drill into the tile or pay someone to install one.

proxy.php

A little bit of regular body soap keeps it fog-free.

Shower usually. Great prep. I also have a mirror with suction cups. I find a brief spray with hot water keeps the mirror from fogging up. I usually turn off the water, as much to hear the rasp of the shave as to save water.

No sounds like a waste of water. I never understood the appeal. I would never want to buy a second hand brush from a shower shaver either.

Shower shaver here and proud of it. The best way and easiest way to keep from a sloppy Poppy mess on the floor.

Kirk

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
In my shower is a mirror, a giant rubber shaving mug to soak the brush and rinse the razor. And most importantly, a high pressure navy shower head that conserves water while running, and also has a quick push knob to turn the water off at the head. I waste no more water than when using a sink.

I shave with DE, SE, Straights and Trac II carts while in the shower. My brush and shaving items never stay in the shower.

Top Bottom