What's new

Does anyone carry sample sizes of Ach Brito Mogno? Looking for the soap not cream.

Anyone know of some place that offers sample sizes of the Ach. Brito Mongo shave soap? Specifically the bar version. I’m not sure on the scent if it’ll agree with me or not. If not it looks cheap enough and I can always PIF it to someone else!

Please forgive me, I misunderstood Mogno and Musgo shaving soaps, which are made by the same company but have different scents. Please Disregard my previous post, I must be getting old!

Not sure who carry soap samples, but if you find Musgo Real cologne sample it can work too, because they have the same scent .

That is far from what my nose tells me.
Firstly, there are several Musgo Real colognes and you did not mention which one you were referring to, which does not really matter because secondly none of them smells even remotly like Mogno shaving soap.

B.

Please forgive me, I misunderstood Mogno and Musgo shaving soaps, which are made by the same company but have different scents. Please Disregard my previous post, I must be getting old!

Yes that makes sense, nobody is perfect, but even the round (white) Musgo shaving soap does not even smell remotely like the (green) Musgo Real shaving soap.

I don’t think that Ach. Bruto realized when they created Musgo shaving soap that a lot of folks would end up confusing Musgo with Musgo Real, which is a whole different kettle of fish (even though either of the former smells much better on my face than the latter :thumbup1:).

Comparing (white, round) Musgo shaving soap with (white, rectangular) Mogno shaving soap, I like Mogno slightly better, but both have a similar mild, soapy scent.

So we need to differentiate between:
- Musgo Real (pricey green shaving soap, has been around for ages),

1642012722705.png

(image curtesy Fendrihan)

- Musgo, (fairly inexpensive, white round shaving soap),

(image curtesy Loja de Sabonetes)

and Mogno (fairly inexpensive, white rectangular shaving soap).
(Yes, this is a shaving soap.)

Compared to the $$$$ (€€€€ for Europeans :001_tongu) first one, the last two are almost a steal, but have limited availability in North America, while Europeans can buy it for around €5 (Musgo) or €4 (Mogno) from the Ach. Brito ( Loja dos Sabonetes - http://lojadossabonetes.com/pt/catalogo/index.php?marca=52 ) factory store.

Hope that clarifies it.

B.

Last edited:
Yes that makes sense, nobody is perfect, but even the round (white) Musgo shaving soap does not even smell remotely like the (green) Musgo Real shaving soap.

I don’t think that Ach. Bruto realized when they created Musgo shaving soap that a lot of folks would end up confusing Musgo with Musgo Real, which is a whole different kettle of fish (even though either of the former smells much better on my face than the latter :thumbup1:).

Comparing (white, round) Musgo shaving soap with (white, rectangular) Mogno shaving soap, I like Mogno slightly better, but both have a similar mild, soapy scent.

View attachment 1392709

Compared to the $$$$ (€€€€ for Europeans) first one, the last two are almost a steal, but have limited availability in North America, while Europeans can buy it for around €5 (Musgo) or €4 (Mogno) from the Ach. Brito ( Loja dos Sabonetes - http://lojadossabonetes.com/pt/catalogo/index.php?marca=52 ) factory store.

Hope that clarifies it.

B.
Man this stuff can get confusing sometimes! 😜 I really appreciate you sharing the different offerings!

View attachment 1392709

Compared to the $$$$ (€€€€ for Europeans :001_tongu) first one, the last two are almost a steal, but have limited availability in North America, while Europeans can buy it for around €5 (Musgo) or €4 (Mogno) from the Ach. Brito ( Loja dos Sabonetes - http://lojadossabonetes.com/pt/catalogo/index.php?marca=52 ) factory store.

Hope that clarifies it.

B.
I have tried both Musgo and Musgo Real soaps and to me they smell the same. I Also tried the cologne and the smell is the same to me

I know you’ve been around for a while, but just a reminder that a few years ago Musgo Real used to cost what Musgo costs now, and suddenly the new Ach Brito owners decided that Musgo Real would be a premium brand and doubled the price.

Top Bottom