What's new

Does Anybody Here Dislike Shaving Still?

The combination of being short of time, due to work, plus a need to be reasonably clean-shaven (also due to that work), didn't add up to a fun experience.

I did get quite adept at knocking out an SAS with the cart-of-the-day, and foam, in a couple of minutes, whatever that was: probably a GII (circa 1984).

Maybe I'm Mr Weirdo in this regard, but if I ever have to do something within a time limit, I usually hate it.

Provided it is optional, and I'm not waiting for the starting gun, then any idea gets a whole lot more appealing.

I like a daily shave and clean shaven look to the hobo look. When the grey hairs come you look at it differently. I note a few use a beard clipper but that still needs a regular trim.

I am retired and I still shave everyday. It makes me feel good, refreshed and clean.

I'm not retired, and can look however I want at my workplace, where there are lots of piercings, tattoos and purple hairdos. Yet I also shave every day because nothing (well, almost nothing) beats a good close shave with a good aftershave. I also enjoy it.

I like shaving coz it’s fun to do. Getting to match and mix different razors and blades is intriguing. And all of the variety of soaps, creams and brushes is an added bonus. The joy of lathering also. A daily chore turned into an intoxicating pleasure!

I don’t necessarily HATE shaving, but I don’t particularly care for it. More of a necessary evil/waste of time than anything, which is why I only shave every other day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now that I'm retired, a task that I hated doing against the clock is now relaxing.

The kit is Rockwell 6S, R5 plate preferred, instead of the cart-of-the-day.

Now, I enjoy the combination of not being answerable to anyone else, and being a hard taskmaster to myself.

Today, I got about an 85% score (face OK; neck, could do better).

I’m always excited about my next shave....until I wake up and then it’s

Oh great, this ** again.

Then I have a great shave and go out into the world and it was worth doing it.

I’m just not a morning person.

Top Bottom