What's new

Do you you guys have a “signature scent”?

Bois du Portugal.
44ED2F2E-3938-4F2B-87FF-C4BC1385BAA2.jpeg

Fear and disappointment overwhelmingly.
I cover that up with unrealistic overconfidence and delusions of grandeur.

Seriously thou myrrh oil has always been there for me.

S

Scrubby

Creed Aventus - even the 250 ml is emptying at an unexpected rate
image.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Tough call. Barrister and Mann Bay Rum aftershave or Bootlegger's Bay Rum aftershave.

No signature scent. Just started wearing aftershave about 6 months ago. Got about 30 now and am just enjoying trying them all out w different soaps etc.

Like my habit with shave soaps and aftershaves, my catalog of fragrances grew over a year of sampling. I'd say just about anything Guerlain, and Chanel pour Monsieur. Applications are lite, focused on pulse points, and vertical with EdP at the core and EdT, AS, toward the extremities.

I need to find something that smells like gunfire. For some reason that gets the wife's motor running.

Try mixing for a one time use of Witch Hazel and a pinch of Pyrodex or Black Powder, adding alcohol, maybe not. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to use near flame or make in quantity and store in sealed container.

I think my signature scent is becoming Bay Rum. Sandalwood is going to be a supporting scent.

I’m using PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum shampoo bar and soap. The soap doesn’t last long. The shampoo bar seems like it will be worth it.

My next soap bar will the Pre de Provence sandalwood 250g bar.

For shaving soap, I’m going to try out the Proraso red. That will be after the FFFMM Challenge.

I have a mix of Bootlegger’s Bay Rum and samples of other bay rums. PAA Atomic Age and the Bootleggers are my favorite but I like all of them.

I have some Pinaud Clubman but I will only use that occasionally.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
As far as AS goes, I believe it would be Old Spice since I’ve used it for so many years. I’m also a fan of Pinaud Bay Rum. Regarding cologne, it would definitely be Givenche Gentleman which I’ve used since 1972.

hesitant to post this because i want to keep it a secret for myself. so don't tell anyone about this

4117d0ed2c0ca066b5e8bb4842ad14e0-compo_gf_baccarat_rouge_540_extrait_de_parfum_70ml_rvb-1564.jpg

i use to wear creed aventus, but this makes aventus look like a droopy eyed armless child. way more compliments. plus now n days everyone knows about aventus now. they sell it hard at the department stores. its like the new acqua di gio. also i like JPG le male. coincidentally, its made by the same guy.

I'm still looking for my signature scent, just started this hobby, and only have 5 soaps/creams (that will change after today with over 20 samples coming from Stirling and Maggards! :) ). But as of today, I keep coming back to Black Ship Grooming's 'Ghost Ship' as my favorite and the one the wife really likes. I could sniff that stuff all day long!

Top Bottom