What's new

Do you you guys have a “signature scent”?

Hello gents. Just wondering if you guys have a “signature scent” and if not what would be the closest scent for you? That one aftershave you always seem to reach for. Maybe the cologne you always use. Let me know. I would love to hear about it! Now as for me, I love Caswell and Massey “jockey club” Cologne (Said to be a favorite of John F. Kennedy, check it out if you want a very nice scent that compliments just about any aftershave that I’ve tried personally). But other than that, I love Stirling deep blue sea bath soap, shave soap, aftershave, and cologne. Pure perfection. If I’m going without cologne, I’m rolling with clubman classic vanilla with Stirling frost drops, more often than I’d like to admit.

I had a pretty rocky relationship with my old man, but one positive memory I do have is that every time he took a shower and shaved, the whole house would smell like Lagerfeld. That was his “signature scent.” It’s a powerful and happy memory for me, despite all the bad stuff he did.

I want my kids to have that, too. I want them to remember that the house smelled like dad every time he showered and shaved. So I decided I wanted my own “signature scent,” something they’d always remember about me. For me, it’s not Lagerfeld, it’s Ogallala Bay Rum. That’s why I may try something new from time to time, but I always come back to Ogallala. Bar soap, shaving soap, aftershave, and cologne.

Besides, it smells AMAZING.

I had a pretty rocky relationship with my old man, but one positive memory I do have is that every time he took a shower and shaved, the whole house would smell like Lagerfeld. That was his “signature scent.” It’s a powerful and happy memory for me, despite all the bad stuff he did.

I want my kids to have that, too. I want them to remember that the house smelled like dad every time he showered and shaved. So I decided I wanted my own “signature scent,” something they’d always remember about me. For me, it’s not Lagerfeld, it’s Ogallala Bay Rum. That’s why I may try something new from time to time, but I always come back to Ogallala. Bar soap, shaving soap, aftershave, and cologne.

Besides, it smells AMAZING.
That’s so beautiful I almost Shed a tear. Just kidding that’s pretty cool though. I wasn’t close with my dad either, so I have no idea what he wore. But I swear it’s clubman classic vanilla. It has such a nostalgic scent and that’s the only way I can explain why. Now if I use clubman pinaud, that brings back memories of my 90 year old barber. (Still cutting hair to this day, and is in the barber hall of fame!)

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I use Eau de Baux and Aventus more than the rest, but I don't think I could narrow it to one. The fact that they're my wife's favorites heavily influences their place in the rotation.

Aventus a few years back, now it’s a cross between Silver Mountain Water and John Varvatos, wife loves the former and daughter loves the latter. I switch off a few times per week to keep them both happy.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Probably tend toward Yatagan by Caron more than anything else. Like pretty much anything from Caron, but love Yatagan!

My wife commented once she likes me to have a signature scent instead of wearing different scents on different days. I have narrowed down my list of "usual suspects" to two: TSD Bourbon & Vanilla, & a homemade splash made up of 12 parts Pinaud Clubman, 6 parts Lucky Tiger, 1 part Old Spice, & a few drops of glycerin. I call the mixture Lucky Old Man. I wear TSD Bourbon & Vanilla 5 days out of 7 usually, substituting in Lucky Old Man on the other days.

I currently have a bottle of Clubman Vanilla on order. Looking forward to trying it.

My grandfather & my dad always used Old Spice. I naturally drifted into it as well & used it until they changed the formula. It’s been a real search since then. I used New West until it became unobtainium and now find myself using Clubman or Captain’s Bay Rum. The search continues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom