What's new

Do you think I have to many brushes

I went to clean my brush stand and gave it a polish, so I removed all my brushes polished and cleaned the door glass. Upon putting them back I did a count fatal mistake, wife was sat in the same room while I was counting.

Upon getting to 76 and the final brush put away that's when she piped up and said way to many, dont you think it's time to get rid of some or put away my reply was I use them I could not part with any they all tell a story of my last 4 years on when I first started this new hobby what do you Guys think me I think I need a second corner unit or a bigger one.....

20190527_081740.jpg

No never to many brushes. Like dm shaver said you still have room on the bottom shelf and you could buy some knotty pine and make 3 more shelves if you needed/wanted to. I see many ready nice brushes. So it makes great decoration for a shave den.

No.

However, you should organize them better. A lot of vertical real estate unused, which is easily amended by adding 2 more shelves in the case.

100 is a great number.

No never to many brushes. Like dm shaver said you still have room on the bottom shelf and you could buy some knotty pine and make 3 more shelves if you needed/wanted to. I see many ready nice brushes. So it makes great decoration for a shave den.

Yes I was thinking of adding 2 more shelf's so it did not look to full, that would stop the wife from naggin :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:
for a while.
Oh yes 100 sounds much better but how did I know you Guys would back me up....

And after you reach the desired threshold you simply say the collection is at 100+. Sooo much easier than thinking if you're at 75, 76, 78... like switching to SBAD autopilot. Wonderful.

I love it. For me, it's a bit much, but for others it might be just enough, and for even others it's just a drop in the bucket. I do like looking at it.

:laugh: You're obviously psychic Ian. :yesnod:

No I just know as I would say the same on straight razors, we just have the knack to enable each other in a good way...

Plus at this rate I will soon have a badger in there.

Yes I was thinking of adding 2 more shelf's so it did not look to full, that would stop the wife from naggin :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:
for a while.
Oh yes 100 sounds much better but how did I know you Guys would back me up....

Cos we all wish we were like u... I can only have 2 brushes on display :c7:.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Having that many is one thing but having them all boldly on public display is another. Congrats!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Yes, your wife is right. I will gladly take them off your hands. I wouldnt want to see a marriage on jeopardy over a few silly brushes!

Enough?? Are you serious?? There is still some room in the cabinet!!:a29:

A brush has to dry thoroughly between uses. That takes awhile.

Yes, yes you do. You do not need that many. Narrow it down to 31. That's a new brush daily for a month. That is more than sufficient. Stop buying. Oh, and PIF those excess shaving brushes to the poor, deserving members of B & B, of course. :)

Top Bottom