What's new

Do you think I have to many brushes

@Boar Fighter I propose the opposite strategy. Hide nothing, show the stash proudly. This will shock and desensitize the v̶i̶c̶t̶i̶m̶ spouse, yielding a sense of hopelessness that the h̶o̶a̶r̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ collecting is too far gone and any attempt of imposing order is futile.

proxy.php

The 5 stages of grief, might work for a widow who just lost her husband, but the won't work with my wife who will simply go: "Anger"-> "Throw in the garbage 95% of brushes as superfluous" ---> Fait accompli and total victory on her part.

Marriage is like a chess game. You can't win at every move. You must be ready to sacrifice your lesser pieces, to protect your more important pieces. As i have written before, i don't consider wetshaving a hobby, just like i don't consider changing magazine in the toilet every day a hobby. I have more precious pieces to protect. If i want to look at my brushes, i don't have to put them all together and parade them in plain view in front of the wife. I take photos of them and i can look at them whenever i like...

In marriage, you must have bargaining chips. And you must not burn your bargaining chips for lesser fights. Conceding small victories to the wife, is also a way to appease her, while achieving the more important ones. Have you read Sun Tzu's "The Art of War"? The wise general chooses when and where to give fight. He also uses deception, so that the enemy doesn't know how many forces (brushes) you have. Sometimes, the path to victory is feigning retreat from the battlefield. Ah, the ancient wisdom! :001_302:

Rookie mistake.
proxy.php

And did you count out loud?

If it is a problem, have Scotty transport them to the Klingon ship.
proxy.php

:lol1: :a14:

Last edited:
I have probably bought 25 brushes in almost 10 years. I still have 8 or 9, but only use 3-4 on a regular basis.

Great collection, not for me but hey it’s your hobby..... when I see large collections of say razors, knives, brushes, watches etc.... I compare it to other hobbies like golf, bowling, collecting stamps etc... it’s all relative

There is always room for one more. I do suggest, however, that you add another shelf or two to allow some space between the brushes. They are too congested...all you can see are the tops.

From a practical standpoint, I think that you have too many. As a collector, you've got a pretty nice start.

When I opened the thread I had to call my wife over to the computer to show her. Pretty impressive.

@Ice-Man Awesome collection you’ve got !!! I somehow see this happening to me but I’m trying my hardest not to buy a razor and brush per day at this point and only one new shave item per week. Needless to say it isn’t working out very well...

@Ice-Man Awesome collection you’ve got !!! I somehow see this happening to me but I’m trying my hardest not to buy a razor and brush per day at this point and only one new shave item per week. Needless to say it isn’t working out very well...

Psusocr,

Reading this thread certainly won't help lol.

Mawashi

Harbor freight sells Apache cases(pelican knockoffs ) you could get a few of these like the knife collectors do and store your brushes in them for safety then you could store them in you study/man cave/I love me room

Out of her sight out of her mind

Wow, I'm an amateur in comparison, lol. I have 8 total... One travel, one I bought for face lathering (which I can't do), and six in rotation.

I do force myself to go through the rotation one by one, instead of choosing favorites. Mind you, none are super expensive, high quality... So I don't have a urge to play favorites. Lol.

My gut reaction is to say you have too many, but my goodness there are so many nice looking brushes there. If they were junky, I'd say yes... But this is obviously a well curated collection. Keep it going in the name of art. [emoji16]

76 brushes. It’s a beginning. I have 13 and reaching my limit but they keep making new ones that I want. My swmbo who has been supportive of the hobby is beginning to make comments that the amount of brushes I have is ridiculous. I will have to show her your den to make a case for my sanity. See honey imagine....

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I had an idea! You could get a carousel like they have in Coin collecting shops! Lit and motorized selecting through glass!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Wow, I'm an amateur in comparison, lol. I have 8 total... One travel, one I bought for face lathering (which I can't do), and six in rotation.

I do force myself to go through the rotation one by one, instead of choosing favorites. Mind you, none are super expensive, high quality... So I don't have a urge to play favorites. Lol.

My gut reaction is to say you have too many, but my goodness there are so many nice looking brushes there. If they were junky, I'd say yes... But this is obviously a well curated collection. Keep it going in the name of art. [emoji16]

Thank you Sir!!! that's how I started only had 4 at one point, but the problem is way to many nice brushes out there for sale...

76 brushes. It’s a beginning. I have 13 and reaching my limit but they keep making new ones that I want. My swmbo who has been supportive of the hobby is beginning to make comments that the amount of brushes I have is ridiculous. I will have to show her your den to make a case for my sanity. See honey imagine....

My wife is and was the same and yes I did the same, showed her a collection and she liked it that's when it started..

I had an idea! You could get a carousel like they have in Coin collecting shops! Lit and motorized selecting through glass!!!

OMG Adam!!! I love that idea your as bad as me I think, it would make selecting one easy but I think that would push the wife over the top. And I would come home from work and they would still be burning.....

OMG Adam!!! I love that idea your as bad as me I think, it would make selecting one easy but I think that would push the wife over the top. And I would come home from work and they would still be burning.....

If you have selection problem, you could do the same i do. Random selection. Draw lots. Let lady luck decide.

My wife laughed, then I scrolled down to the second shelf.......Then I scrolled down to the third shelf.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Thank you Sir!!! that's how I started only had 4 at one point, but the problem is way to many nice brushes out there for sale...

My wife is and was the same and yes I did the same, showed her a collection and she liked it that's when it started..

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

I did try to limit but failed big style

From a practical standpoint, I think that you have too many. As a collector, you've got a pretty nice start.

When I opened the thread I had to call my wife over to the computer to show her. Pretty impressive.

Thank you Victor!!!
I like Brushes But it does need more shelf's fitting in, might even put Led lighting in to light it up better.

Top Bottom