What's new

Do you think I have to many brushes

I think too many. It doesn't help though.

Your wife might not understand the logic behind so many brushes and hopes you don't go crazy on more expensive things in the future or spent time in other toys. If she doesn't feel any concern, than it is OK.

Cos we all wish we were like u... I can only have 2 brushes on display :c7:.

shush dont give her ideas

And to think that I winced a bit yesterday when I realized I have 13.

trust me you will get there

Having that many is one thing but having them all boldly on public display is another. Congrats!

oh yes if she sees how many straights I have they are hidden all over the house, so I put them out so see can see em takes the eyes away from the straights.

Yes, your wife is right. I will gladly take them off your hands. I wouldnt want to see a marriage on jeopardy over a few silly brushes!

So I take it Adam!!! You would offer to foster the 5 Rubberset 400s in there

Enough?? Are you serious?? There is still some room in the cabinet!!:a29:

A brush has to dry thoroughly between uses. That takes awhile.

Agreed takes over a month to dry lol

Yes, yes you do. You do not need that many. Narrow it down to 31. That's a new brush daily for a month. That is more than sufficient. Stop buying. Oh, and PIF those excess shaving brushes to the poor, deserving members of B & B, of course. :)

there is a madness to the idea I have bought a lathe to turn my own, plus an odd bowl for her indoors.....

Wow, nice collection! Keep it going :)

oh yes I will

The voice of reason.:a2:

I think too many. It doesn't help though.

Your wife might not understand the logic behind so many brushes and hopes you don't go crazy on more expensive things in the future or spent time in other toys. If she doesn't feel any concern, than it is OK.

Its way cheaper that the RC helicopters I have upstairs hung on the wall, the first time that was flown the receiver failed and £700 came down to the ground. So yes its way cheaper than that hobby in her eyes.....

Super selection! I have 5 brushes and it takes me 10 minutes to decide which to use. If I had your den it would take me 3 hours and a seizure to pick one! :001_huh::001_huh::001_huh::001_huh::001_huh:

Yes. Anyone who has more brushes than me (35) has too many. All you need is a brush for every day of the month with a few spares for travel, etc. Then again there's 365 days in a year or 366 for leap year so--------

I have 3 brushes. All inexpensive. I'm only using one of them because one sheds and the other needs cleaning. My daughter kept playing with it and it got left in the floor. I really want to get a good quality badger and synthetic eventually.

You could go with 31 brushes per month 1 month badger one month boar one month synthetic (can always throw in one month of horse) and a few extra of each and your still @100+

I’m up to 17 brushes and one on order 14 of them are an display in the shave den and the new one will be displayed

And 26 razors razors 13 I use and display and the rest are vintage I collect

But my whife enables me.

I have 3 brushes. All inexpensive. I'm only using one of them because one sheds and the other needs cleaning. My daughter kept playing with it and it got left in the floor. I really want to get a good quality badger and synthetic eventually.

Hi Joshua223,

Try n let the aliexpress app to get Yaqi brushes. They are excellent brushes and when there's a sale, the prices are super.

I recently paid $38 for a Silvertip, a 2 band and a syn!

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

And then you have to pick your soap and razor!:wacko:
Uhhggg... the razor is down, I know what I'm using. Soap... that's another 10 minutes of rooting around to find the right one. So... I'm 20 minutes in and haven't even started shaving! OCD bites! Oh well, an excuse to drink my coffee!:a16::a16:

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I went to clean my brush stand and gave it a polish, so I removed all my brushes polished and cleaned the door glass. Upon putting them back I did a count fatal mistake, wife was sat in the same room while I was counting.

Upon getting to 76 and the final brush put away that's when she piped up and said way to many, dont you think it's time to get rid of some or put away my reply was I use them I could not part with any they all tell a story of my last 4 years on when I first started this new hobby what do you Guys think me I think I need a second corner unit or a bigger one.....

View attachment 984467
Absolutely not Ian. You just need more cabinets. Just tell the Mrs. she is lucky you don’t collect vintage autos and maybe she will buy you another brush.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Ian , I think I have a solution.
What you do is put mirrors on the back walls and use glass shelves
then you can blame it on the mirrors :)

Ah, vanity is the ruin of men! First rule of a good collectionist: "You don't show off your collection to your wife!".
Your problem can go away, if some of the brushes go away from sight. It's that simple. Do you have a garage or a storage room where you store big boxes that your wife never bothers to go snooping? If yes, stash there some of your brushes, tell your wife proudly that you have reduced the number and keep going! Technically, you are saying the truth. You will have reduced the number of brushes, visible in that specific point. The devil is in the details, you don't need to bother with details! :001_005:

Yes. Anyone who has more brushes than me (35) has too many. All you need is a brush for every day of the month with a few spares for travel, etc. Then again there's 365 days in a year or 366 for leap year so--------

She would kill me Jim if I got to 366 brushes, I'm sure she would have a bonfire....

Uhhggg... the razor is down, I know what I'm using. Soap... that's another 10 minutes of rooting around to find the right one. So... I'm 20 minutes in and haven't even started shaving! OCD bites! Oh well, an excuse to drink my coffee!:a16::a16:

Takes me 40 minutes to sort a brush, soap, and razor, then 15 minutes for the shave.

I am not so much concerned about the number of brushes that you have, but with the distribution of brush types in your collection. Specifically, it looks like you need to add more horsehair and boar brushes to your collection. Thus, while you try to reach the nice round number of 100, you can look for brushes that will round out your collection.

@Boar Fighter I propose the opposite strategy. Hide nothing, show the stash proudly. This will shock and desensitize the v̶i̶c̶t̶i̶m̶ spouse, yielding a sense of hopelessness that the h̶o̶a̶r̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ collecting is too far gone and any attempt of imposing order is futile.

proxy.php

Ian , I think I have a solution.
What you do is put mirrors on the back walls and use glass shelves
then you can blame it on the mirrors :)

Now Steve that is a fantastic idea!!! Plus a women cannot go past a mirror without fluffing their hair, that will take the eyes away from the brushes Result....

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
shush dont give her ideas

trust me you will get there

oh yes if she sees how many straights I have they are hidden all over the house, so I put them out so see can see em takes the eyes away from the straights.

So I take it Adam!!! You would offer to foster the 5 Rubberset 400s in there

Agreed takes over a month to dry lol

there is a madness to the idea I have bought a lathe to turn my own, plus an odd bowl for her indoors.....

oh yes I will

Its way cheaper that the RC helicopters I have upstairs hung on the wall, the first time that was flown the receiver failed and £700 came down to the ground. So yes its way cheaper than that hobby in her eyes.....
I would love then as they were my own!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Upon putting them back I did a count fatal mistake, wife was sat in the same room while I was counting.
Rookie mistake.
proxy.php

And did you count out loud?

If it is a problem, have Scotty transport them to the Klingon ship.
proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom