What's new

Do you miss Vi-John Old Spice?

I have a solution for you.
This company has an oil that smells exactly like it. You can even by it in a "body spritz". It's very high quality. Apparently, the longer it sits, the stronger the scent gets.

I was thinking of buying the 8oz spritz, letting it sit for a few weeks, decant it in an old OS bottle and add a bit ethanol for that burn.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
This company has an oil that smells exactly like it. You can even by it in a "body spritz". It's very high quality. Apparently, the longer it sits, the stronger the scent gets.

I was thinking of buying the 8oz spritz, letting it sit for a few weeks, decant it in an old OS bottle and add a bit ethanol for that burn.

Thanks for the link. It should be good to spritz a bit on the clothing as well. Maybe even in the car? :)

Why not? Just remember what I said about the longevity. From what I've read, the oils in the spritz should sit for a few weeks. They make it as soon as you order it.

I'm also playing with the idea of getting Iso E Super to strengthen it

A few weeks for the scent to get stronger! The longevity of the spritz when I received it was only about 2 hours.

I dearly miss it and it was way better smelling than the current P&G Old Spice formula. I have no clue as to why the Spice clones are gone but not the Brut ones.

I dearly miss it and it was way better smelling than the current P&G Old Spice formula. I have no clue as to why the Spice clones are gone but not the Brut ones.
You can blame me. Once I start buying a product it gets discontinued. So expect the DG Brut knockoff to soon disappear too. 😂
Actually the only thing I miss about Vijon spice is the price. I was getting it at Shoprite for around $2 when CVS right across the shopping center from it was charging like $6. I thought it was no better nor worse than P&G Old Spice, just a little different.

You can blame me. Once I start buying a product it gets discontinued. So expect the DG Brut knockoff to soon disappear too. 😂
Actually the only thing I miss about Vijon spice is the price. I was getting it at Shoprite for around $2 when CVS right across the shopping center from it was charging like $6. I thought it was no better nor worse than P&G Old Spice, just a little different.

Just started a bottle of the Shoprite version. Smells very nice. Can't compare it to the P&G product since I don't use it.

Just started a bottle of the Shoprite version. Smells very nice. Can't compare it to the P&G product since I don't use it.
I assume you didn't get it at Shoprite, correct? I haven't seen it there in years. I think they stopped carrying it before other stores did.
Like I said, I just miss the price. My offers on the bay for a reasonable price (a bit less than P&G) have been scoffed at by sellers. Yet they still go unsold. One fool wanted $100 (not the one I made an offer on.)
I wonder if P&G threatened to sue Vi-Jon. Only possible explanation, because it flew off the shelves.
To me, the best in-production Spice that is a bargain is Lustray Spice.(Amber colored one, not the Blue Spice.) Doesn't smell like Old Spice but I like it. I also tried Stephan Spice but didn't care for it. Not bad mixed with P&G Old Spice, though. 2 parts P&G to 1 part Stephan.

Haha. Yeah CVS is a joke I don't know how people shop there and at Wal-Greens both are a rip off.

I assume you didn't get it at Shoprite, correct? I haven't seen it there in years. I think they stopped carrying it before other stores did.
Like I said, I just miss the price. My offers on the bay for a reasonable price (a bit less than P&G) have been scoffed at by sellers. Yet they still go unsold. One fool wanted $100 (not the one I made an offer on.)
I wonder if P&G threatened to sue Vi-Jon. Only possible explanation, because it flew off the shelves.
To me, the best in-production Spice that is a bargain is Lustray Spice.(Amber colored one, not the Blue Spice.) Doesn't smell like Old Spice but I like it. I also tried Stephan Spice but didn't care for it. Not bad mixed with P&G Old Spice, though. 2 parts P&G to 1 part Stephan.

I tried the Lustray it's not that far away from the Vi-Jon in terms of smell but it is a joke the scent faded within minutes.

I was just reading through "Old Spice Leather" postings when I read your 2018 post on "Old Spice" Classic. Without reading all the posts you have written, I am wondering if you have ever tried Avon "Spice" ? I have a bottle circa 1974 and I think it is wonderful.

I remember as a kid buying my Dad the "Gift set" of "Jade East" at the local Rexall Drug Store, Palm Drugs, circa 1968 ? with my Mom, for a Fathers day gift .... I have always liked that scent and sought out a bottle of Avon "Tai Wind" in the Tiki style , huge 5 ounce bottle . Just scored one for a song on Da" bay web site. Smells a lot like "Jade East" if I remember correctly . You were fortunate your dad wore "Old Spice"... how old is he , or if he is no longer , how old would he be ? I am 59 , and my Dad is definitely an Old Spice guy , still wet shaving at age 85 every day ...and I at 59 have a 5 year old , who now knows how to whip up a mug of lather and use his China made TTO razor ( no blade , of course ) and he is quite the "perfumer"... His first was a bottle I bought blind, "Kung Fu Panda", lol, and Damn if it did not smell Oriental just like "Jade East"... Don't tell him, I steal some every now and then......

Top Bottom