What's new

do you get a scissor cut or a buzz cut?

When I lived in Bangkok it was just too hard to try explaining what I wanted so I learnt enough Thai to say "no2" and that was it. Now it's so stinking humid here that I cannot imagine anything longer - in fact it's been 3 1/2 weeks since the last one and I am thinking I know what I am doing this coming Saturday!

I just tell the barber/stylist to cut it to make it look good. I don't bother detailing what I want done to it. With a scissor cut, there's not much variation anyway. I just say "shorter than it is now". lol.

Someone above mentioned the neck and shoulder massage by a barber. I went to an old fashioned barber shop in Texas when I lived there, and a female barber (attractive 30ish woman) gave me a shoulder and neck massage. Sure was nice. I wasn't expecting it. Back then I wasn't into classic shaving or traditional barber shops. I should've gone there for EVERY haircut but instead sadly went to Supercuts most of the time for an inferior haircut/experience.

I just tell the barber/stylist to cut it to make it look good. I don't bother detailing what I want done to it. With a scissor cut, there's not much variation anyway. I just say "shorter than it is now". lol.

Someone above mentioned the neck and shoulder massage by a barber. I went to an old fashioned barber shop in Texas when I lived there, and a female barber (attractive 30ish woman) gave me a shoulder and neck massage. Sure was nice. I wasn't expecting it. Back then I wasn't into classic shaving or traditional barber shops. I should've gone there for EVERY haircut but instead sadly went to Supercuts most of the time for an inferior haircut/experience.

The shop I go to mixes Clubman in the towel steamer, and they use a hot towel to massage the back of your head and neck when they are done with your hair. Then they get out the old Stim U Lax and do a shoulder massage. Place is great. Owner is very sartorial and a wet shaver, and he'll do shaves if you want one, and a few of the girls doing the hair cutting are very "nice."

I get SWMBO to buzz it. Vanity has made way for convenience and thrift lately.

Same here. Picked up an Oster 76 hair clipper and a 0000 blade guard for a very short scalping every two weeks. Great clippers, by the way.

I just tell the barber/stylist to cut it to make it look good. I don't bother detailing what I want done to it. With a scissor cut, there's not much variation anyway.

God. Don't come to China when you need a haircut!
I tink what you might mean is your barber always does the same thing as you've never complained. The possibilities are numerous with a pair of scissors.

Buzz cut and have learned to do a bit of a fade. I do not know how many years now, but quite a few. Sunday is haircut day.

Scissors here.. I have alopecia areata so can't go real short.. Fortunately I found a barber a few years ago who is familiar with alopecia and he always cuts my hair with scissors... Going to short reveals the lighter hair which looks like bald spots...

"Low-fade, half guard" - Clippers on the side, scissors on the top, and razor on the neck. I am never a return customer to any hair-cutter who has used his clippers at the top of my head.

I've been bald on top for 20 years, so I have been shaving the back and the sides off for quite a long period of time. I got tired of the cartridges
and found you about a month ago.

Clay

buzz cut my own for years. when I do a particularly bad job on the back part - I don't use a mirror - my wife will volunteer to fix it up after she recovers from laughing.

-jim

Usually do a self inflicted Buzz Cut ... but had my barber last time give me a good old Flat Top ... I'm liking it!

Top Bottom