What's new

Do you ever look at your old posts? If you dont, you should!

Evening again Badger and Blade,

So just a minute ago I did my usual, clicked on my user name at the top of the page, then I click on "Find latest started threads" Now, this is nothing new for me because if I start a thread, I want to be able to know if somebody has responded to my thread and in turn I can respond back. But this particular time, I scrolled down....if you haven't done this before, let me tell ya that it is a great way to see how far you have come since your first post.

If you guys and gals didn't know, I had been wet shaving with a DE razor for about 3 weeks when I wrote my first post here in June and was still using Barbasol in a can and did not own a brush. My point here is, that I did not realize how far I had come in such a little time since my first post. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/411217-2-questions-from-the-new-guy?highlight= Lets just say I was DE envious for SURE!!

So how far have you come?

I posted here around four years ago - been shaving daily with exactly the same brush and razor I began on ever since!
Technique has improved drastically however!

...So how far have you come?

I have absolutely no idea how far I've com in my DE shaving. I have no plan, I just go with the flow!

I started on a whim when ducking for rain in London in 1980. After visiting several pubs we chose to enter a pharmacy just off Piccadilly. It was the DR Harris original one. I didn't post on this start because there was no internet at that time...:001_smile

A while later (in 2006) I did discover that some odd guys posted about shaving on a site run by a Joel. I lurked for a while and joined in 2010. At that time all ADs hit me at once but that should surprise no one here. :w00t:

If you measure the progress by the quality of the daily shave using a DE I must confess that for the last six years I have enjoyed daily BBS shaves. The story is very different when it comes to straight razors, but I have at least stopped bleeding!

Hi,

I have been at it for 38 years, but on B+B for only a little past one. I don't need to look back to see what has changed. In a nutshell, I discovered Slants and changed from using a Gillette NEW to a Fasan Double Slant. I also picked up the idea of mixing a tallow based soap with a glycerine based one. And, finally, I passed several razors I had, but had stopped using, onto other members here. :)

The best part is having figured out how to best make use of my Grandfather's Old Type by adding a shim. I would not have figured that out on my own (since I had been trying to use that since 1979 without figuring out the thickness difference between the original Gillette and modern blades).

Stan

Im not sure how this thread is unrelated to shaving since its about how far we have come in wet shaving since we signed up at Badger & Blade, so Im not sure why it was moved from the General Shaving forum... :crying:

Last edited:
I like to look at my old posts from time to time. There is a thread in the contributor's corner called "show us your first post" and that is what got me started doing it. Now I do it to keep track of the advice I'm giving so as to avoid pumping out the same answers or plugging a single product too much.

I like to look at my old posts from time to time. There is a thread in the contributor's corner called "show us your first post" and that is what got me started doing it. Now I do it to keep track of the advice I'm giving so as to avoid pumping out the same answers or plugging a single product too much.

Very interesting! I will be a contributor in no time, I have heard a sorts of cool things about the contributors corner. Thanks for sharing. I have not heard of that one. I just found that its a good way #1 for comic relief, and #2 to learn a few things

Top Bottom