What's new

Do you DE and Straight veterans have consistently bloodless shaves?

I get a little claret every few days or so. I consider it a reminder than my technique still needs improving but given it doesn't seem to hurt much if at all, plus I don't tend to nick myself somewhere easily visible, it doesn't bother me.
My usual razors are Techs, Superspeed and Merkur 38C, the first two are very forgiving when one is shaving in a hurry.

In my electric days, my occasional experiments with disposables were horrible usually - I remember cutting myself so badly I lifted a flap from my chin and needed to put a plaster on it.

I've been into DE shaving for about 5 months now and am pretty much blood free. Standard setup is Merkur slant with Feather or Astra. IMHO it is all in the prep and being patient, knowing your beard growth and getting into the Zen of it all. YMMV

I've only been DE shaving since February. The very first two shaves I happen to nick myself on my neck. I was doing fine until I switched to a Derby blade and cut myself 3 times. I realized I needed to slow down and work on my technique. Since then its been smooth sailin' so far!

Top Bottom