What's new

Do Women Like Men w/Stubble? - Bad News B&B

I guess I'm lucky and get to have it both ways. Even after the very best of shaves, my face still looks pretty stubbly; about as much as most people's 5 o'clock shadows even though I'm nearly BBS. I've got that thick, dark brand of facial hair that never shaves off completely and is visible even under the skin.

As for my girl's opinion, I don't know what she thinks about the look, but she doesn't so much like the sensation of the stubble. I generally don't shave on the weekends, and I get a comment about what she thinks about the stubble any time I try to kiss her. In our house, we celebrate Mondays as Prickle-free Kiss Day. :biggrin:

Not to sound vain, but I feel that when I have stubble, my jawline looks a little more pronounced, and my girlfriend tells me I look very manly and handsome with it. I'm only 21 and with a clean shave (which is what I have 6 days a week) I look pretty young. But I have to shave for work, and... I like to shave! Weird huh?

Not to sound vain, but I feel that when I have stubble, my jawline looks a little more pronounced, and my girlfriend tells me I look very manly and handsome with it. I'm only 21 and with a clean shave (which is what I have 6 days a week) I look pretty young. But I have to shave for work, and... I like to shave! Weird huh?

I like the way I look with stubble for that very reason.

I like the way I look with stubble for that very reason.

For sure. One of my friends at work does booking and miscellaneous work with modeling agencies here in Houston. She's told me that a lot of male models never actually shave their face because they need to keep their stubble to keep that "exotic" look :001_rolle

So, in my experience (from before I was attached) this study is fairly accurate.

Women were not very intereseted in me fully bearded, light bearded/stubble had the best results in my experience. Clean shaven worked well on dates, but not so well at parties/bars/pubs, I hate clubs so have almost zero experience there.

Interestingly enough my gf, a los angelian, prefers me bearded. But when I get a dfs or bbs shave is generally pretty pleased...

I think it may be a culture thing, as most of the above experience is as an undergraduate in the UK.

Also both men and women tend to guess my age up to 10 years older with light beard/beard, 4-7 years oder stubelised and about 3 years older clean shaven. For the record I'm 20, but I seem to look older.

I guess I must have unwittingly been used as the picture in that trial :tongue:

Believe me, you haven't! I downloaded the article (hurray for university database access!) and while I won't post the example of the pics used in the study (mods might not like the copyright issues here) I have to say that their claim of realism in the pictures used is fairly exaggerated.

Well, my wife - who's opinion matters much to me! - can't stand the stubble look on young or old; says she just plain doesn't get the attraction of it. Which is a good thing for me, because I'm at the point where the stubble shows waaay too much gray and it just makes me look that much older! :smile:

Oh sure, women love the way stubble looks, just wait until they get around to touching it, then it's all "Omygod your face is covered in prickly barbs, shave it off right now!" :lol1:
Wasn't there a time when stubble looked ugly and women preferred clean-shaven? What's up with that?
Full beards were en vogue up until about the first world war. The army then began requiring their soldiers to be clean shaven so they would be able to wear gas masks properly. When they came back to the states as clean-shaven war heroes the look caught on in a big way. Beards started coming back into popularity around the 60's, though.

So, in my experience (from before I was attached) this study is fairly accurate.

Women were not very intereseted in me fully bearded, light bearded/stubble had the best results in my experience. Clean shaven worked well on dates, but not so well at parties/bars/pubs, I hate clubs so have almost zero experience there.

Interestingly enough my gf, a los angelian, prefers me bearded. But when I get a dfs or bbs shave is generally pretty pleased...

I think it may be a culture thing, as most of the above experience is as an undergraduate in the UK.

Also both men and women tend to guess my age up to 10 years older with light beard/beard, 4-7 years oder stubelised and about 3 years older clean shaven. For the record I'm 20, but I seem to look older.

+1

A little stubble has always been good to me. Every woman I know has seen it as increasing my masculinity. They get an untamed, aggressive vibe from me. It's not that they didn't like me clean-shaven but the stubble made me - dare I say - sexier. :blushing:

EDIT: I should add that I do know some women who hate it, even though they admit that increases masculinity.

Last edited:
If I get to the stubbly look my girlfriend scrunches her nose tells me I'm scruffy and wants to know why I didn't shave.

She likes the babybuttness

Oh sure, women love the way stubble looks, just wait until they get around to touching it, then it's all "Omygod your face is covered in prickly barbs, shave it off right now!"

HA! Thats the line I get sometimes when I'm with somone after a night out. Doesn't matter if I did a 4,821 pass ultra-freakin' BBS shave the second before I walked out the door at 8pm, it'll be back to irritate whoever I'm with in the next few hours.

Gotta love it - boingk

"Oh sure, women love the way stubble looks, just wait until they get around to touching it, then it's all "Omygod your face is covered in prickly barbs, shave it off right now!"

I couldn't agree more! My fiance thinks it looks sexy when I have stubble, but as soon as she touches my face or my face touches her, its "ouch, you need to shave hun".

Last edited:
Top Bottom