What's new

Do All Proraso Shave Creams Have Menthol!

I like the performance, scent, and ease of Proraso Green Shave Cream, but I’m finding I’m sensitive to menthol. I do not enjoy the scent of the red. Does the White and Blue have menthol too? Same amount?

What would be an alternative given my menthol issue?

I think green is the only one with menthol.

Red is sandalwood to the maximum power.

Blue reminds me of nivea post shave balm sensitive skin, but maybe not as potent? I've only smelled blue from the end of the open tube a couple of times.

I haven't had white (yet).

I have heard good things about the Proraso Cypress and Vetiver, that is next on my list from Proraso.

I like the performance, scent, and ease of Proraso Green Shave Cream, but I’m finding I’m sensitive to menthol. I do not enjoy the scent of the red. Does the White and Blue have menthol too? Same amount?

The green is the only one with menthol.

The white bowl version does have some menthol, not nearly as much as the green, though. The white tube does not have it. The blue tube does have some menthol in the ingredients list.

These might not be strong enough to bother you. The green also has eucalyptus which is a problem for some people.

INGREDIENTS (WHITE BOWL):
Aqua (Water/Eau), Stearic Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Lactic Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Menthol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Etidronic Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA.

INGREDIENTS (WHITE TUBE):
Aqua (Water), Stearic Acid, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Lactic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Avena sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Camellia sinensis Leaf Extract, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Metasilicate, Petaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxhydrocinnamate, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citroellol, Geraniol, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.

INGREDIENTS (BLUE TUBE:
Aqua (Water/Eau), Stearic Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Menthol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Sodium Metasilicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Butylpenyl Methylpropional, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate

You might try Proraso Wood & Spice shave cream!
No menthol!

proraso wood spice muehle joris symmetrical pottery july 9 2017.jpg

I have Red, Blue, White and Green. The only one with menthol is Green. The others don't. I can't speak for the new single edge line of creams as I haven't tried any of them.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I'm interested in the ingredients of the new "super formula" Proraso.
Anyone try it yet, and how does it compare?

The white Proraso in the tub does have some menthol, but I found it to be fairly muted. It's really just a hint of menthol really. If you have a chemical sensitivity to menthol though, probably best to avoid.

Strange question, but I bought a tube of green the other day. Is it normally so runny? It’s an odd consistency, different from any other cream I’ve used.

Strange question, but I bought a tube of green the other day. Is it normally so runny? It’s an odd consistency, different from any other cream I’ve used.
I think the Proraso creams are fairly thin.....compared to say, Taylor of Old Bond Street.

Top Bottom