What's new

Discovering favorite aftershave/soap scents

I wasn't 100% sure where to put this post, so I put it in this general forum.

I make soap, both bar and shaving for my own personal use. I give some away, but I do not sell. I have purchased lots of fragrance oils over the years to find ones I like, and to see if I can find matches to my favorite aftershave scents.

I just ordered a few fragrance oils and received them yesterday. I have discovered the oil used in PAA Cavendish, Sterling's and PAA Sandalwood(the old PAA sandalwood, I have not smelled the Supreme Sandalwood), and also the Stirling Barbershop. The oils I received are identical in smell to those, not just close.

My holy grail scents that I have yet to discover are Fine American Blend/PAA CAD (same scent), and Mickey Lee's Grand Havana(especially this one since you can't get it anymore 😭). I have a feeling that the American Blend and CAD scent are just straight fragrance oils that are purchased, but Grand Havana may be a blend of different scents. But just a guess.

Are there any other soapers out there? Has anyone found the American Blend or Grand Havanna scents in FOs?

Top Bottom