What's new

Disappointed with TOBS Eton College scent

Just to clarify I actually like the scent of Eton College but I just wish it was stronger. I think its true for all TOBS except Sandalwood. Definitely won't buy Lemon & Lime again - yes it does smell like washing up liquid. Mind you I wasn't thrilled with Grapefruit either and alot of people really like that one. Its one I need to try again before making a judgement.

I think Sandalwood will be my next TOBS purchase, though given how many products I'm currently working through it could be a while before I can justify that purchase. :001_rolle

Jermyn Street is the only TOBS product I've tried so far, but I think you'll be disappointed with its scent strength as well. It's one of my favorite scents so far, but it is also one of the weakest I've encountered.

I love the Jermyn Street scent and have the entire collection. I sprayed the cologne on my chest yesterday, one spritz before putting on a t-shirt. I smelled that glorious scent all day.

Jermyn St is my absolute fave. Took me just 3 sniffs to go from "wow, that's a bit unusual" to "this is the best ever"

I actually bought Lemon and Lime as well and tried that a few days ago. I have to agree the scent is artificial and weak.
That's funny, cause I bought lemon & Lime for the second time and this second tub has a much much stronger scent than my first tub.

I liked the subtle scent of the first tub better though

I thought of it as so so, the lathe was alright, not my best and the scent wasn't something that really stood out to me either

TOBS Lemon and Lime smells like how a lemon/lime jelly beans tastes to me. I practically have to stick my nose into the tub in order to pick up any scent.

I am a big fan of TOBS creams and have several of them but Tobacco Leaf really disappointed me. Almost unscented, almost no tobaco at all.

I can't say I've run into a TOBS scent that I disliked. Some were 'average', but I've enjoyed them all at some level. I have a sample of Eton that I like but I'm not sure I'll purchase a full jar of it as it kind of falls into an area of 'good' without being 'great', and since TOBS products are usually not in the 'bargain' price range I think I'd rather focus on their scents that really interest me.

A month into my wet shaving journey I used TOB Sandalwood exclusively for the first 3 weeks. I loved the scent and it fills by bathroom when I'm shaving. Based on this and also on the number of times I saw them mentioned in the favourite shaving cream scent thread I bought TOB Eton College and Jermyn Street shaving cream.

I've yet to try the Jermyn Street cream but I was disappointed with Eton College. The performance was the same as Sandalwood but I found the scent to be very weak compared to the Sandalwood.

I was wondering if I bought a tub from old stock?
I think you might have received old stock. I recently finished a tub of Eton College and found the scent weak. Then I opened a new tub and it was so much stronger. I have always loved Eaton College and I don't consider it a mild scent. I don't like mild scents. It is not as strong as TOB Sandalwood but not by much. My previous tub simply lost it's scent and the new tub brought back one of my favorite scents! The scent is very complex and starts out citrusy and then evolves into something else that is hard to describe, except to say it is equisite!

I realize this is an old thread but it's the first hit in searches :)

I just bought a sample TOBS Eton College and I absolutely love the scent. Disclaimer: I do have a keen sense of smell and many fragrances are way too strong for me. The scent is somewhat light (not as heavy as Tabac but nowhere near as light as MWF for example) but the scent is still there on my face several hours after my shave and I really like it a lot!

I'll definitely be buying a larger size. Does this only come as a cream? I usually use hard soaps rather than creams.

Top Bottom