What's new

Different patina on brass razors?

I'm just wondering why certain brass razors attain different patina?

I had a brass karve CB and over several months, it darkened very uniformly.

My brass blackbird is not uniform and is also getting a green patina in some areas.

I actually prefer the "aged copper" look of the brass blackbird more, but I'm curious about what causes the different styles of patina.

R

romsitsa

Different enviroment. If the enviroment is exactly the same, then there are different brass alloys, all will develop patina, but take different approaches to do so.

Different enviroment. If the enviroment is exactly the same, then there are different brass alloys, all will develop patina, but take different approaches to do so.

I guess the blackbird has higher copper since it's developing some green patina, which I read is specific to copper.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Brass is just a general term, in fact there are many changes in the proportion of mixed ingredients.
The common types are C2600/C2800/C2801...

For example, "stainless steel" is also divided into 430/ 440/ 440A/ 440C/ 316/ 210/ 204...

In addition, the acid-base changes in the environment will also produce different patina effects.

Brass is just a general term, in fact there are many changes in the proportion of mixed ingredients.
The common types are C2600/C2800/C2801...

For example, "stainless steel" is also divided into 430/ 440/ 440A/ 440C/ 316/ 210/ 204...

In addition, the acid-base changes in the environment will also produce different patina effects.

Thanks.

I guess the blackbird is a different brass alloy VS the karve.

I much prefer the "vintage copper" look of the blackbird. It's turning green in the middle of the top cap, looks awesome!

I'm just wondering why certain brass razors attain different patina?

I had a brass karve CB and over several months, it darkened very uniformly.

My brass blackbird is not uniform and is also getting a green patina in some areas.

I actually prefer the "aged copper" look of the brass blackbird more, but I'm curious about what causes the different styles of patina.
Different grades of brass content change the patina. Body acid, humidity, etc come in to play. I have a wolfman in bronze, spectacular patina...

Reactions: nav
Top Bottom