What's new

Didn't want to like Arko...

I like the Arko stick and keep a couple of them crammed in an Old Spice mug.

It's one heck of a value.

Not such a fan of the Arko creams that I have tried so far.

I feel like I have to take a stand for Arko's scent!

I love it. Actually if there's one problem I could say I have with this soap it's that it's scent does dissipate somewhat with time; particularly if you use it in it's stick form as it seems some facial oil rubs off on the exposed tip and deadens the scent a bit. I could sit and smell a freshly opened stick of Arko all day long.

I'm about 15 shaves into my first stick. I gotta say, it's easy to lather. I've been using it on my "late to work" mornings because it lathers so easily. I could probably lather it on the nightstand if I had to. It smells better to me if I use it on consecutive day streaks rather than just breaking it out as a random part of the rotation. I like it, though.

So far I have used it four times. Each time I try to use less but it seems like I use a lot when it lathers up. And the stick doesn't even look I taken any off. Looks like I'll be handing this soap down to my Grandkids that I dont even have yet.

Mark.

I've been getting more and more into soaps and would love to take Arko for a spin. If anyone has a stash of Arko sticks and would be willing to part with one, please drop me a note. I'd be happy to cover your expenses. :001_cool:

It's easy to find online. Pretty cheap too, I just can't buy it locally. I only got a stick because I received it free with the purchase of some blades.

Mark.

Arko is an excellent soap, some don't like the fact that it is so cheap, and has a certain smell they do not like. Leave the stick unwrapped for a few days or so, and it looses most of the scent. Afterwards, it is just a soapy smell. I said it some time ago, and I repeat it here again: if this soap was made by one of the famous English companies, and the asking price was something like $30 for a puck, it would be the holy grail of shaving soap....a "nice barbershop scented, excellent performing tallow based soap".
I always include a stick with my shaving brushes, so my customers have an ideas how a tallow based soap performs.

Yeah...when I ordered my brush way back when, I thought, "What is this stuff?" And now I have half a dozen tallow soaps, and I've almost completely purged my den of creams. Your motto should be "come for the brush, stay for the Arko" :001_tongu.

Arko is an excellent soap, some don't like the fact that it is so cheap, and has a certain smell they do not like. Leave the stick unwrapped for a few days or so, and it looses most of the scent. Afterwards, it is just a soapy smell. I said it some time ago, and I repeat it here again: if this soap was made by one of the famous English companies, and the asking price was something like $30 for a puck, it would be the holy grail of shaving soap....a "nice barbershop scented, excellent performing tallow based soap".
I always include a stick with my shaving brushes, so my customers have an ideas how a tallow based soap performs.

Exactly what Rudy said. :thumbup1:

So many are acting like Arko is being discontinued. What gives ... is it really that hard to find?

Well, a lot of Canadians have reported that it's difficult for them to find an online store that will ship Arko to Canada, and when they do it's rather expensive. Also, many people are put off by the fact that if they buy a single stick online to try, they'll end up paying more for the shipping than for the actual soap, which can be a hard pill for some folks to swallow.

For anyone looking to try it, I'd recommend searching Amazon since it's got a ton of Arko package deals; blade packs, razors, brushes and so on that ship with a free stick of Arko.

Well, a lot of Canadians have reported that it's difficult for them to find an online store that will ship Arko to Canada, and when they do it's rather expensive. Also, many people are put off by the fact that if they buy a single stick online to try, they'll end up paying more for the shipping than for the actual soap, which can be a hard pill for some folks to swallow.

For anyone looking to try it, I'd recommend searching Amazon since it's got a ton of Arko package deals; blade packs, razors, brushes and so on that ship with a free stick of Arko.

Thanks for that tip. I'll make sure to remember it when it's time to re-stock.

It seems the US is much more wet-shaver friendly. Toronto doesn't have much to offer: there is the Williams in the grocery store, Proraso at the drugstore, Trumpers and Rooney (tripple priced) at a downtown stationary store and T&H at the downtown T&H barber. Really there isn't much. Online is the default for us.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I find the citrus part of the scent reminescent of Arlington- but I smoke, and smokers' sense of smell isn't always very good.

I just bought my first stick of Arko today. The smell is...interesting. So, I'm letting it sit uncovered for a day or two. I'm kind of surprised at how soft it is...

I really like ARKO, the smell is pleasent, and the price is fantasic.

Also, many people are put off by the fact that if they buy a single stick online to try, they'll end up paying more for the shipping than for the actual soap, which can be a hard pill for some folks to swallow.

For those that feel this way should try starting a mail order business, or any business for that matter.:001_cool:

Top Bottom