What's new

Did Anyone See This Rolex on eBay

It just goes to show there are too many people out there with too much money on their hands.

I have no interest in Rolex so to me it's just a beat up watch. If they sent it back to Rolex for an overhaul they might not even touch it if it needed parts. After about 40 years they won't work on them.

Wow I bought a penny stock once that I had $100 into they fluctuate fast. It went up about $2000 in a day. I cant imagine sitting there watching this auction unfold. The guys lucky he didn't have a heart attack!:w00t:

That is really incredible. If I were him, my arm would probably be bleeding from pinching myself with each incoming bid. Great story, thanks for sharing.

My wife gave me a Rolex Air-King-Date for our engagement, back in '83. It was new and I've worn it ever since. My particular model I have found out, was a model marketed just in the British Commonwealth, I found out on a website.

It was bought at a Rolex dealer in Canada, so this makes sense.

I had it cleaned and serviced once about 5 years ago and while it was in, had the crystal replaced as I had scratched the surface over the years due to my carelessness. I would only have it serviced, cleaned by a Rolex Technician.

I can't get over how it has lost none of it's beauty in about 28 years of constant use. It is a stunning looking watch, a stainless steel model, nothing fancy, but it is elegant.

The watch equivalent of me, I would say. :biggrin1:

No batteries of course, just a watch mechanism that seems to keep pretty well perfect time.

It cost $ 895 new, back in '83.

In 2006 when I was last at the Rolex dealer, the new models of the AKD were priced at $ 4495.00 CAD.

I have checked (a few years ago) for prices on used Rolex AKD's such as mine and I think they were running about $ 3200-3500.00 CAD.

I can't afford a Rolls-Royce or a Bentley...so I regard this as my bit of personal luxury in a fine machine.

I feel fortunate to have a Rolex and mine is in my will. It will go to my son when I shrug off this mortal coil.

I had planned to take it with me, but apparently there are rigid, carry on baggage restrictions. :001_smile

Last edited:
Top Bottom