What's new

DFW Get-together?

How about we plan for Aug 17th and Oct. 26th for the next two gatherings? And how about starting at 1100 for the next one?

Tom

August 17th doesn't look filled for me, but The Best Wife In the World may have or make other plans between now and then...

What were the original meeting target dates. Were they something like 2nd Sat in Jan, April, July, Oct?

If not I think the simplicity of such a system has a lot to recommend it.

I believe that those were the original months. I was thinking that Aug.17 and then Oct. 26 would get us back on track.

Tom

Thanks, Tom.

I have no known conflict with those dates.

After our talk about SEs at the gathering, I tried my Gem G bar once (not good but not giving up), bought a PAL adjustable injector that seems to be in good condition, am bidding on a Schick adjustable in today's auction. Just ordered Schick Injector blades. So I'll give it a go.

Dennis

Thanks, Tom.

I have no known conflict with those dates.

After our talk about SEs at the gathering, I tried my Gem G bar once (not good but not giving up), bought a PAL adjustable injector that seems to be in good condition, am bidding on a Schick adjustable in today's auction. Just ordered Schick Injector blades. So I'll give it a go.

Dennis

It does take a while to get good shaves with SE razors. Don't give up on the Gem G bar. I think the "gold standard" for "face polishing" is the open comb Micromatic, but you'll find lots of people love SE razors. I personally prefer DE and straights, but that's not because the SEs don't deliver excellent performance.

SE have a different learning curb.

That's what the curb feelers are for.

$curb feelers.jpg

:lol:

Guys,

I saw no objections to Aug 17. So I propose to send a "Save the Date" email blast this week, with a followup 30 days out to identify the time and place and any "special attractions".

Any objections?

Since there are a whole lot of people in this thread, i wonder if any one of you guys know of any replating places in the DFW?

Since there are a whole lot of people in this thread, i wonder if any one of you guys know of any replating places in the DFW?

I've asked around, and the places I've asked have all said something like "no" or "we mail everything to someplace in (another state)." The online razor replating guys are probably the best bet unless you've got everything stripped yourself and have a large enough order to make it cost-effective.

Certainly electroplating copper and nickel isn't hard, but doing a good job at home with a D cell and a few electrodes might be more of a challenge than most of us want.

Thanks for the response soapbox.

I did email a few electroplating places (that say they do jewelry) around the DFW area, but i never got a response. So i didn't bother with them.

Mark your calendars for Aug.17 and then Oct. 26 for the Summer and Fall meetings* of the North Texas (DFW area) B&B Gatherings. Time and Place to be announced later.

*We got off to a late start for Spring. Plan for 2014 is to meet in Jan, Apr, July, and Oct.

Subscribe to this thread for updates.

Looking forward to meeting again. :a21:

Last edited:
Top Bottom