What's new

DFW Get-together?

I sent out over 300 emails this am; hope 10% will come.

Dennis

Dennis, don't know you yet, but I like your style.

I owe you a beer, a razor, something for your Herculean efforts here.

I've pm'ed the previous participants of this thread before, and you took something like that and blew the lid off!

Much respect!

Hey guys, the wife and i are gonna be at a "Quinceanera" it's like a sweet 16. If i swing by, can i bring her too? Are you guys bringing your SWMBO?

Hey guys, the wife and i are gonna be at a "Quinceanera" it's like a sweet 16. If i swing by, can i bring her too? Are you guys bringing your SWMBO?

Mine isn't interested in coming, so I don't make her. Some have attended previously and are certainly welcome and even seemed to have a good time.

Is David's where the meetup always is?

We've been there a few times. We try to balance where people are coming from. So far Arlington has been an acceptable location for those attending. We're probably always open to other locations especially if there's really good food somewhere and it is convenient for people actually coming.

My wife have been and had a blast. Sorry guys, I'll be out yet again. Finals this time though I'll keep watching and hopefully make another one some time.

I am going to try to make it. Glad I got the PM on this. However instead of SWMBO I will have my little hoodlums as I am running things while mommy works.

Also David's rocks!!! And their okra is the bomb! I don't know if I look forward to meeting everyone more or the okra....

Darren

Hey guys. Really enjoyed the get together today. Good to meet the new folks and see those of you I had previously met. My wife thought it was fun, too. Thanks to those who shared samples and other goodies. And a big thank you to Dennis for getting the word out about the meeting. Looking forward to next outing.

Hey guys. Really enjoyed the get together today. Good to meet the new folks and see those of you I had previously met. My wife thought it was fun, too. Thanks to those who shared samples and other goodies. And a big thank you to Dennis for getting the word out about the meeting. Looking forward to next outing.

Glad y'all made the drive in. If wives and kids keep having a good time, we'll either end up with a family picnic or at Chuck E. Cheese's.
As always it's fun to intersect real life with our online friends.
I'm pretty sure that's the most soap we've sniffed, and kinda sad there weren't more civilians around, cause the funny looks top off the afternoon.
Love the continued variety each gathering has as no two follow the same conversation path. Looking forward to the next one as well.

I really wish that I did not have to leave early...did I miss anything exciting? Nice to see both familiar and new faces around the table. Looking forward to the next event!

Don't know that it was exciting but I enjoyed talking about straights. Hard enough to find someone to talk about wet shaving but this is the first time I was able to talk about straight razors face to face with someone. Actually two or three someones.

I had a great time yesterday!!! The food was good and the company was great!!! I was nice getting to see the regulars and meeting some new friends. Jesse, thanks for the soap, I used it this morning worked great. Darren I will be getting in touch with you. For everyone that didn't make it I hope to see y'all at the next event!!!

May GOD Bless

Tom

Two questions: 1- Tom, did all the samples find a good home? 2- When is the next gathering?

2- This was our 2nd gathering for 2013, we were aiming for April. The remaining two were aimed for July and October.
While we have a schedule kinda worked out, it's set more in silly putty than stone.

If we all had so much fun, we want to stick to July and get back on track, that's cool. If that's too soon and y'all would rather space it out, that's cool too.

My lone opinion is momentum is good in trying to build this up. There were good ideas mentioned yesterday that could be implemented as well. July works for me in the spirit of keep it rolling.

I think it's a good idea to get back on schedule. There is some good logic for the way it was planned. If we get many more people I think we are going to have to find a location where we can get a room to ourselves. It's going to get louder as we get more people. Especially if we have to compete with "outsiders" sharing the room like yesterday. But I'm game for whatever you plan. I'm too far away to know much about meeting places. I appreciate all that you locals do.

Top Bottom